Spain vs Aztec - fan patch

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Spain vs Aztec - fan patch

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I played vs Ckei's aztecs on California, going with rods and hussars vs maces, coyo and pumas. He destroys my fwd base but I can age up for falcs. After a big fight in III he lost connection but the game was decided imo.

tips r welcome (for both of us), trying out spain with heavy eco early.

fan path ofc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Spain vs Aztec - fan patch

Post by ckei »

yeah tips r welcome,. Nooby me sending coyotes straigth into ur rods^^
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Ckei

-Use Your warpriest to scout at start, just around your TC to find Hunts Etc. Didnt affect this Match, but could help in future.

-The High priest card isnt really a "Must Have" Card, imo 4 jaguars is > than it.

-keep your firepit on the xp dance, its much more of an advantage when you only hav 1 WP as you were only getting +2.1% bonus which tbh didnt do much.

-Villager Production needs to be kept constant.

-A Micro Mistake or two Imo cost you the game. You allowed your Pumas to be trapped inbetween his rods and your maces while his huss flanked. you can always re-position your units there was no need to commit.

-economy management, far too much gold/wood at one point and not enough food, thats what the market is for.

-You commited to a fight early fortress, the main battle. that you didnt have a hope in hell of winning. not saying that you would of won if you got arrow knights, ER knights but i believe you would of had a better chance.

-and during that fight you had 7 WP and a Vil On/Near the firepit, and it was sent to the warrior priest dance! thats a prime example of when the attack dance should be used Imo.

Chaos

Imo you Played this exceptionally well :)
adapted as soon as you saw mace, with huss.

only 'Mistakes' i saw was that:
-You suicided 5 musks, them 500 res could of been put to better use.
-and villager/military production although good there was a bit of a gap inbetween.

Good Game Guys, and yeah the final Fight decided the game.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Tubruk""]Chaos

Imo you Played this exceptionally well :)
adapted as soon as you saw mace, with huss.

only 'Mistakes' i saw was that:
-You suicided 5 musks, them 500 res could of been put to better use.
-and villager/military production although good there was a bit of a gap inbetween.

Good Game Guys, and yeah the final Fight decided the game.[/quote]

thx for the feedback
I was hoping to kill a few pumas with those musks, there werent many left and then the cav could clean up the maces, should have made xbows though, not sure how my wood production was at that time
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I haven't watched it yet, but I will tell you that spain heavy early Eco is actually a pretty good option. 5 + 4 vills and all market upgrades has them holding with most civs. They might not quite compete with dutch, brits, and france -- but they seem to hold well against any other civ.
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

yeah, I kind if forgot to do all those things.Was to concentrated on the battle :oops:

but enough with lame excuses, I__chaos__I outplayed me in this game
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""36drew""]I haven't watched it yet, but I will tell you that spain heavy early Eco is actually a pretty good option. 5 + 4 vills and all market upgrades has them holding with most civs. They might not quite compete with dutch, brits, and france -- but they seem to hold well against any other civ.[/quote]

i have to disagree on that when on water maps , a spain with schooners is a monster and IMHO is better then France-Germany just because they lack schooner card. Brits is tough for Spain but an semi-ff shipment spam Spain will crush an age 2 Brit army. in cav wars a hussar start with some roderlero back up completely owns simply because the rods r speedier so they can keep up with hussar as a back up unit in case of cav-cav fights and have way more resist then pike so the rods r a perfect compliment to hussar semi-ffs :)

edit: yea Dutch r Spain's worst enemy on fp i agree , skirm out range everything they can mass in age 2 and ruyter r so spammable that they counter each and every single single guard unit Spain has - even rods in adequate numbers :(
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

^How did rods go from being a worthless unit to a premiere unit now 8O
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]^How did rods go from being a worthless unit to a premiere unit now 8O[/quote]

yup, i bet it's not only the boost of +1 attack and +1 more rod in the shipments
i can't think of any "indirect" boosts they received also, so maybe it's also the fact people start using them

edit: or wait, since ri backed up by ranged cav kinda dominate the game now, it is always nice to have a nice anticav unit which really gets so little dmg from cav, pathfinding is also good for rods

imo there are those big, slow units like samurai, doppelsöldner, and on the other hand we got the fast, petite melee hi in form of rodeleros and sioux warclubs
these petite units can keep up with their big numbers and train time etc.
whereas dopples and sams only get real good middle to lategame with tons of upgrades received
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]^How did rods go from being a worthless unit to a premiere unit now 8O[/quote]

they are still a very average unit imho, i just like em a lot
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]^How did rods go from being a worthless unit to a premiere unit now 8O[/quote]

they are still a very average unit imho, i just like em a lot[/quote]
+1 . very average unit but very unique @ same time. pike/musket are an OK anti cav unit but rods are in class of all their own. very fun unit + perfect compliment to any army
- Dan