Fan Patch Ottos

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Fan Patch Ottos

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]shoulda seen the clan game on GV yesterday , triple cav vs. double anti-cav+ r.i. , guess which won :([/quote]

Hmmm, that's unusual, though. Unless they knew precisely that you would do multi-cav, I wouldn't advise a double HI combo! Scouting FTW.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""deadhanddan""]shoulda seen the clan game on GV yesterday , triple cav vs. double anti-cav+ r.i. , guess which won :([/quote]

Hmmm, that's unusual, though. Unless they knew precisely that you would do multi-cav, I wouldn't advise a double HI combo! Scouting FTW.[/quote]

It doesn't turn out like you think. The anti-cav was Zambs and Rod/Musket and the RI was longbow. We were raided to death until they hit Industrial and polished us off with Artillery. We may have been a bit out-classed as a bonus. :D
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

blame lazy for the triple cav idea....33 minute long game and i never broke past 40 vills..... :( lol u know it's going to be a different type of game when 3 seperate swarms of cav all converge on a single tc (mine) hahaha
- Dan
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

I just tryed the native/jan rush vs a japanese captain and it worked well.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The only thing I have time to say is that with otto's in 1.1 you need all three units to win the game effectively. This is actually one of there downfalls since you need 3 military buildings, and scouting will reveal your EXACT starting strategy.

Early Fwd Rax: Jan Rush
Rax/Foundation: Jan Abus
Stables: Huss

The point is that since each of otto's buildings only make one unit, this is actually makes any element of surprise very difficult. And the straight FF is pretty much suicide if you know how to counter it. Semi-ff is certainly viable though. Even semi-FI or semi-FR.