Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

whats average time to get banks up?

Post by NitroZ »

any1 know the time it should take to get 6/7 banks up while doing a semi ff?

i can get around 6/7 banks up and be in fortress by 9:30-10:00.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: whats average time to get banks up?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

6/7 isn't a good idea. Try getting a 4 bank ff rollling, cause semi-ff doesn't have much to give to dutch (you have to waste shipments in order to get some more banks).

Try out this build order:

normal 15 vill age up, (you gather 600 coin, after starting crates you should only need like 200c tho, to queue 6 vills)

Gather wood while aging so that you can start building a bank in discovery age. With 400w from age up, try to get another bank up and in the meanwhile get a barracks and a house. First card in colonial age is 700w, and after that ship the bank wagon. You should have the 4 banks up easily.

Well get that envoy in the middle of the map to scout for rushes, use your explorer to help. As soon as you see units you can get some skirmishers to solve the problem. In case you suspect you'll get rushed in your face give priority to skirmishers over bank construction, you might have to spend a shipment on 8 pikes as well to cover your skirmishers.

As soon as you're in peace, age up with fast politician. As you get there, ship 9 ruyters to give a hand vs cav and get some more skirmishers, which are now veteran. Then get an artillery foundry and try to get some falconets up, but also get a stable to get some more ruyters in case he's heavy on cav (he'll surely go heavy on cav when he sees falcs).

If you're facing a civ that will leave you alone for a while, like, say, brits, ports, other dutch, etc, you can also start with a stable instead of a barracks. Even vs rushes going stables first isnt a bad idea since hussars with minutemen and tc fire can own small batches of units. Also hussars can force him to leave hunts and hide in his base which will give you some time to do your ff thingy.

Try to stay in colonial for only as long as needed, cause microing a skirm/hussar/pike combo is hard and you need all these units in case you stay in colonial.

Swiss pikes are also work very well, considering dutch's coin facilities.

I hope I've helped :)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

7 bank ff is overkill , try to do 3-4 bank ff so u can be in age 3 under 6.5/7 minutes to abuse fortress shipments
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Too fast for you, Dan :p
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i know i can't play dutch to save my life :(
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I actually meant that I wrote my post faster than yours :p
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

hahahaha didn't even see it when i replied, must have been still loading when i hit reply button ::/
- Dan
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by NitroZ »

nice writeup sporting ill give it a try with a few modifications though. Only thing I dont like about 3/4 bank semi ff is that its boring :(. 1 question about the ffs when doing a 3-4 bank semi ff do u have 3-4 banks up before u hit the ageup button or have the bank before u hit fortress?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

usually u begin to age to fort after the 3rd is built , mrmilo made a vod about it , i cant remember the link to the site , but in the vod mrmilo states that its actually more beneficial to gather gold and buy food to age after your banks are up, buy food until price is 136 gold i think , with the dutch having the gold % mining bonus its actually more economical to do it that way , weird as it may sound milo mentions it in detail in his vod. i'll browse and try to locate the link and edit this post with the link url so that u can watch it
- Dan
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

he refers to it being cost effective to buy wood, and its on TWC so that strat is soooooo OP :P in his VOD
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Nice writeup, Sporting. That's definitely the way to go. A crushing Dutch FF involves 4 banks. If you're not being rushed--and I find this really works against the Japanese--forget about military and just do a naked FF with a market during the age from colonial to fortress. Follow Sporting's card sequence and you should have 4 banks in no time; and even earlier on a map like Deccan or Carolina. During colonial, you should keep 4 vils on coin for constant vil production, with all new ones on food for banks. Use the shipped wood for banks... I know you know this. Get the wood gather upgrades and put about half your food vils on wood. Get housing, arty foundry and a stable, then just spam cannons, ship 9+7 ruyters and build more ruyters. No Japanese army can stop that around 11:00.

I've found that, once you're in fortress, econ management is damn easy because you have so many banks and all you really need is wood for the rest of your army (ie, artillery and ruyters... those don't require much food at all).

Nitro, you love ruyters. Abuse 'em, baby, abuse 'em !
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by NitroZ »

i find that i havent been spamming my ruyters as much the past month. I've been focusing on trying 2 develop an 8 bank semi ff(yes i know a bit 2 exessive but i love banks more than ruyters :) ) and be in fortress my 10:30-11:00. I've also been working on a mini bank boom that allows a constant flow of hussars from stable at around 6:30-7:00(with about 3-5 banks. all depends on treasures.)

@dan

ive seen the VOD like a year ago xD
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Watch the 2v2 from Caesár and CTSureWin vs Flooky and Kiljardi from CTs POV. There you see how to play dutch and when to build banks :).
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Watch the 2v2 from Caesár and CTSureWin vs Flooky and Kiljardi from CTs POV. There you see how to play dutch and when to build banks :).[/quote]

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more with huggy here. CTSureWin makes a very impressive build which I have tried numerous times. 4 bank semi-FI with upgraded ruyter spam. Industrial with upgrades very fast. That ruyter upgrade at Industrial is a huge advantage.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

here's the VOD!!!!
MrMilo 3 Bank Dutch FF

MrMilo ftw, he seems to be back as his account was used in rated games the past days 8O