Drew (Spain) vs. Cammel (Portugese) @ Mongolia

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Drew (Spain) vs. Cammel (Portugese) @ Mongolia

Post by 36drew »

Fun rated game we played earlier!

I go for an early 5 hussars while he go for the Port rush of death. Thankfully the minutemen, 5 xbows, and tower fire repel him because i'm spread pretty thin. I respond with a raid to his villagers and ship 6+6 rods for anti cav. He pushes back with xbow/musk/huss but can't take me out.

I age up for 2 falcs and make some veteran pikes to protect them. He calls colonial militia while I ship lancers and it makes for an interesting fight. Meanwhile 2 hussars raid him and kill some more villagers.

Very good game!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Drew (Spain) vs. Cammel (Portugese) @ Mongolia

Post by TheRam »

Surprised you posted this I played horribly, but GG anyways.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Cammel""]Surprised you posted this I played horribly, but GG anyways.[/quote]

Our normal 45 minute games are too long to watch. It's rare our games are the standard 10-20 minutes for some reason.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Cammel""]Surprised you posted this I played horribly, but GG anyways.[/quote]

Our normal 45 minute games are too long to watch. It's rare our games are the standard 10-20 minutes for some reason.[/quote]
Haha, that's true.
It's because we're both OP. :)
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

So far I have only watched from one POV. So far, I think the 30-60 seconds after the initial deployment of the Spanish Minutemen was crucial.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

definitely one of the harder match ups for Spain i think. Portuguese age up on this patch is just great. i like how cammel put his fb amongst the big treasures , that mass of muskets was pretty intimidating , some slick in and out raiding by drew whenever a battle occurred. gg :)
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Cammel, I think this game is valuable just to show the build for the Port rush. In all honesty, I think you could have pushed him even more than you did. He had almost no military except MM for over a minute, while you had about 12 muskets and some xbows. It was amazing how well Drew kept those MM alive, and again he showed that his hussars are both bulletproof and invisible !

GG gents.

Question: Drew, did you age with only 14 vils here? I suppose you knew you'd be rushed and you wanted to prepare quickly.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]
Question: Drew, did you age with only 14 vils here? I suppose you knew you'd be rushed and you wanted to prepare quickly.[/quote]

I did the math wrong on the early market and was kinda forced to. I had hunting dogs which = 14 x 1.1 = 15.xx villagers though.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Yeh I'm aware I could've been a lot more aggressive, and my eco failed.
That's why I'm saying I played badly, I was just off that game didn't feel like a rated game, I've had some really fun tense ones with Drew.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

ppffftttt
I wanted 2 c Mr Horny Whales´ BO so I only watched this game from his POV.

Mr Horny Whale, u failed 4 some very simple reasons bro:

a) u let Adam have the only thing that was going for u, ie. fastest largest army. By not running back in 2 fight his half dead mm´s u let him outnumber u!

b) as soon as u hit colonial ur scouting was done only by the use of the scope he carries in his 501´s

c) raiding is done with cavalry and most efficient when from a flanking maneuver

d) u sent CM when pimping up ur musks seemed more apropriate

e) u knew he was sending falcs in age III and left his base 2 secs b4 they showed up, only 2 come back 10 secs l8er, when they were waiting for u

f) ur a noob that needed a good ***** slapping

out

gg tha both of ya :)