more 2v2 clan tourney games

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

more 2v2 clan tourney games

Post by deadhanddan »

2 more 2v2 clan tourney games ( fanpatch 1.1 )

game 1:
DeadHandDan ( spain ) + Yeedman ( ottoman ) WINNERS
vs.
Shizle ( france ) + SevereBeating ( british )
Bayou

yeedman and i decide to go jan and hussar , we push on their fb after a skirmish at our fb gg and well played by yeedman

game 2:
DeadHandDan ( india ) + Yeedman ( ottoman ) WINNERS
vs.
Indybrit ( british ) + SevereBeating ( british )
Mongolia

we do defensive fb in my town , start of with jan and gurka vs. their longbow and musket. after a battle at our fb we continue to mass and boom. i hit age 4 very fast and mass loads and loads of urumi and gurka while yeedman masses loads of jans with spahi. we begun to push into their fb and have a big battle. good replay of how lame india can be. gg to all and goodjob by yeedman, fun game to play :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Dan
jonesk
Private
Private

Re: more 2v2 clan tourney games

Post by jonesk »

Don't forget to rename the recs when you download these, same goes for the 3v3 game
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

true , i forgot to rename the games , i also accidentally deleted the 3v3 savegame in my folder so if anyone else could post it that'd be great
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

watched the game, and ur right that was sick lol
I was india on that map and tried doing the same thing, but went FF with no army in 3v3 and got attacked too early for it to pay off. Nice game
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Here's an interesting 2v2 tourney game, worth a watch for entertainment purposes:

Map: Deccan

Team 1: Kaiser (British) & General Michael (Iroquois)

v.

Team 2 : Emperoral (Russians) & Generalbuschmann (Chinese)

Winner: Kaiser and Michael

Knowing that the Russians and Chinese suffer against mass cav, I opt for all-the-way hussars while Michael goes aenna. We get seriously outmassed in the FB battle but I manage to keep most of my cav alive. We lose the FB, but we regroup. By this point my manor boom and market upgrades are kicking in, so I mass more and more cav. Meanwhile, Al and Buschmann push into Michael's base and destroy his TC. I charge in with about 20 hussars and take out a good number of strels and CKNs, even though they are guarded by doppels and pikes. I put up a second stable. The spam continues. Michael catches his breath. I raid... watch to see the end ! HINT: My favorite British unit makes an appearance late in the game ::/

GG, WP by all!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

sounds like an OP game..dling now
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

gg kaiser+Michael! kaiser your kill ratio was great , good job to Michael for hanging in there after that push on his town. keshiks r the single most horrid unit in this game. their pitiful hp and extremely weak attack never balances out, when fighting hussar you have to factor in that the hussar's 30% range resist means 30% less keshik attack equall 8x3(24) to 5.6x3 (17 rounded up)
with mongolian scourge it equals to 5.6x4 (22 rounded down) while the hussar without any attack cards deal out 32x.8 (26 rounded up) ,so even with the cav penalty in fp in effect a hussar without upgrades can kill a keshik( 125 hp ) in 5 swings ( 4.8 hits) , 2 swings if its 2 hussar vs. 1 keshik - while the keshik needs at least 19 hits (18.8) or 15 hits (14.5 w/ mongolian scourge). wouldn't be so bad if keshiks had melee resist like every other cav archer in that game but that 20% range resist makes no sense when the unit's the keshik is supposed to counter deals out melee attack, while the keshik's already inferior attack is nerfed by the hussar's ranged resist
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

^That's why I went hussars. Once the Chinese pike shipment dies, they can't mass viable anticav quickly in a desperate spam-fest. If they manage to live long enough without combat, you can upgrade everything then go Old Han Reform, but that is not realistic in most 2v2 action, which generally involves totally desperate wrangling with initial masses. Buschmann had the right idea shipping in consulate doppels; even 3 doppels make a much better impression on cav than 10 keshiks. But the Chinese don't get enough doppels to make a huge difference against pimped mass cav. Finally, the Keshik Banner Army is not a good idea when there is any infantry at all hanging around to support the cav. The pikes and keshiks both die pathetically fast to muskets, archers and skirms.

This was a fun game. It shows how dangerous the British economy is with market upgrades and without harassment. It also shows that losing the FB battle does not necessarily lose the war... although it does in many other matchups.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

maybe we would have won if we attacked you and not the iro..
keshiks still suck but what shall we do against masses of cav :?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

They failed b/c of 2 things. Al did not make near enough cossacks and there was absolutely no pressure/raiding done to kaiser.

Michael did very well to hide his vilagers as well.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Wouldn't recommend a Russian going cossacks early-game...

That's like assigning a Brit to FF and spam dragoons - it's not really viable with Russia's early-game weird economy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

dual rax cossacks spam is easy to do w/the russian eco....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]dual rax cossacks spam is easy to do w/the russian eco....[/quote]

Firstly, cossacks are made from stables, not 'rax'. ;)

And secondly, when you consider that Russian vills are 270 a pop, and cossacks cost 75F 75G, it's difficult to spam them early game
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

cossacks + settler is easier to make then strelets + settlers (14 vills age up)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]They failed b/c of 2 things. Al did not make near enough cossacks and there was absolutely no pressure/raiding done to kaiser.

Michael did very well to hide his vilagers as well.[/quote]

He he he I learned very well to hide my vills from my early days as only a private and I played many treaties. Usually I was attacked first and had to run and hide then boom while everyone else fought