more 2v2 clan tourney games

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: more 2v2 clan tourney games

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""]maybe we would have won if we attacked you and not the iro..
keshiks still suck but what shall we do against masses of cav :?[/quote]

Attacking me would have probably done it :-P An unharassed Brit econ with steel traps, amalgamation and 55 vils at 11:00 inevitably causes consternation later in the game 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""][quote=""Soccerman771""]dual rax cossacks spam is easy to do w/the russian eco....[/quote]

Firstly, cossacks are made from stables, not 'rax'. ;)

And secondly, when you consider that Russian vills are 270 a pop, and cossacks cost 75F 75G, it's difficult to spam them early game[/quote]
No sorry I disagree with this, it's a strat me and my friend NaiKoN use, he can get cossack immensely fast, 4 + 4 shipments and they cost far less than Hussar/Uhlan.
Many players underestimate Cossacks and the Russian economy and it's wrong.
With a 14 Villager age it's possible to spam 5 Cossacks continually, with a 17 Villager age with market upgrades during the transition he can double rax spam Cossacks to the extent of 10-6/8-6/8-6/8- then full batches of 10 or thereabouts.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Cammel""][quote=""Hydrovert5""][quote=""Soccerman771""]dual rax cossacks spam is easy to do w/the russian eco....[/quote]

Firstly, cossacks are made from stables, not 'rax'. ;)

And secondly, when you consider that Russian vills are 270 a pop, and cossacks cost 75F 75G, it's difficult to spam them early game[/quote]
No sorry I disagree with this, it's a strat me and my friend NaiKoN use, he can get cossack immensely fast, 4 + 4 shipments and they cost far less than Hussar/Uhlan.
Many players underestimate Cossacks and the Russian economy and it's wrong.
With a 14 Villager age it's possible to spam 5 Cossacks continually, with a 17 Villager age with market upgrades during the transition he can double rax spam Cossacks to the extent of 10-6/8-6/8-6/8- then full batches of 10 or thereabouts.[/quote]

Mass cav is so easy with Russia... I agree. The two shipments and relatively easy cost gives you 14-19 cossacks very quick. I did that in a clan game the other night, but for naught since Murdilator had zamburaks. :oops:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

whenever i play as russia i prefer massing cossacks with a few batches of muskets as support for the cossacks. strelets r not really decent to mix with a cav spam due too the high food cost of strelet in regards to spamming 75 food per cossack + 270 food per settler batch, wood+housing issues , mass cossack w/ sum musk is actually nice and effective even more so this patch then any other , just because arsenal now grants bayonet + the cav hp tech which is easily obtainable when 700 gold is sent. in team games a card order i like to do sometimes is send 4+4 cossacks asap ( age to colo with quartermaster for stable+2 houses ), make 2 batches of 5 with help from 700 gold , age up to fort with the cossack poli , immediately send cav combat + make arsenal for cav hp tech or send church card in transition to fortress ( if anti-cav is needed more then hand cav ) followed by 1k wood for kalmuch gaurd goons and switch cossack production to cav archer ( cost is close to same of cossack ).
- Dan
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

hehe look what I started :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th