2v2 tourney games

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

2v2 tourney games

Post by Soccerman771 »

This is the two rec's from the tourney games we played. We were going to be out-massed and out-micro'ed so we tried some "interesting" strats.

Game 1 - We leveled (and yes I do mean LEVELED) the PR35's TC with our beefy gren's and musk's.

Game 2 - We both do early age and get the German's rax at his base, but didn't push...

alas - 15+ mins versus those two guys is nothing either of us is ashamed of at all. Well played holly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Re: 2v2 tourney games

Post by cleeduz »

I will check these out tonight.

My team games skills are flat out awful, and wonder how you guys keep track of everything that is going on....
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

awesome , ''never underestimate an N3O'er'' 8) lol will download and watch
- Dan
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Um, yeah well just ignore the raid the german does on me where I don't pay attention and lost almost everything....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Woot, I have been waiting to see some recs from the Tourney.

First game: Blumin Uhlans...you turn around for 5 seconds and the bloody things ruin your eco, especially when you are microing in a fight.

Second game: Nice early spam of units.

Good early game play from both of you. Well done on representing N3O.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Good games guys, way to represent! :D

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Um, yeah well just ignore the raid the german does on me where I don't pay attention and lost almost everything....[/quote]

This is why I'm awful at team games, I knew to expect it and I still didn't notice until there were only 2... You guys played well, I still don't know how you do it with everything going on. Nice going. ;)
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Thanks guys. By the way, the gren-rush game got an 8 rating on AgeSanc.... :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I did help to that :)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

had some nice ratings from other people too though! It was a pretty funny game, I doubt they ever would have suspected a gren/musk rush haha
Shame about the raids tho..
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I said to soccer if we get 1 tc down i be happy and we did it in the 1st game =D. And sorry dan you should not get gren rushed much any more.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Nice showing, guys! I think you actually could have won both of these with just a little more aggressiveness. In the first game, the Otto was essentially out of it for about 5 minutes. An all-out push on the German (especially when you saw he had all his cav in Soccer's base) would have really given them a headache. I actually think the German player got lucky with you, Soccer; he did not scout your base at all before he sent his cav in and just happened to run right into all your food and coin vils... I have played that map many times without similar luck. If your econ had stayed afloat there is no way they could have won this one. Still, I know what it's like to play significantly higher-rated players. There is a tendency to underestimate your own ability and make nerve-related mistakes. Stupid, I know, but it happens. Drew (bless him) helped me deal with that "psychological" aspect of AOE play. I call it "giving yourself credit" no matter what the PR says.

In the second game, a little more close interplay would have been really helpful. I know it's important to have HI on hand when playing the Germans, but when you saw that Otto went abus, a full out-RI spam might have been better here than massed tomas. If you had just spammed maces and aennas from the get-go, I don't think they could have massed enough army to stop you early...even cav can't stop 6+6 aenna + 5 built and 9+8 mace +5 built at 7:00. BB's and shipments could have supplied the HI if needed. I really think the Iro/Aztec strength these days is pure RI numbers; the coyotes were handy against the abus, but with the abus nerf, I've found that you can simply overwhelm them with RI (especially archers), which don't get utterly slaughtered by them anymore. I will write a separate topic about "new abus" since I have been studying them (and their new counters) closely.

In any event, nice pressure and a great effort!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)