I tested it and it does boost the hand attack like Dan said
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: What's up with India?

Post by deadhanddan »

yea i just tested it as well to make sure after reading that unit info list you posted CHAOS, it changes attack to disciplined urumi from 20 to 22, should be 21.5 but game automatically rounds it up to 22. i almost always ship dravidian arts in colo to help my sowar + sepoy so i wasn't sure what the damage increase was, but i was sure it did affect it
- Dan
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

wow thats weird =/

yeah its a Melee/Ranged Skirm with an area attack and one of the best ROF in the game, Wow :P

i hate going xbow pike to have urumi/Mahout pop out =[

yeah GJ testing it chaos i was unsure on it (y)
but still i think that should be looked at by the FP team, boosting a 'Ri' unit when its supposed to beef up Cav Hi
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""36drew""]
Urumi are just unreal.[/quote]
so true , my last 2v2 clan tourney game i did a fast age up to industrial and did a urumi spam , even on fp with unit stats adjusted urumi still own anything - even cav in sufficient numbers. british consulate + dravidian arts + shivia's tactics just make urumi do 35+ damage in age 4 with 400+ hp 30% range resist is unreal. a steeper food price for the 9 infinite urumi card would be welcomed cause as of now if game goes late age that price is cheap[/quote]

I wouldn't say that Urumi are OP. In ES Patch, the Urumi are good and get better when their are more team players (TEAM 5 Urumi Card gives Ankathari Urumi upgrade free again for every ally; once an ally hits fortress age, all team member's Urumi get +20% HP and dmg. So in 4v4, Urumi get +60% additional HP and Dmg, equivalent to +156 HP and +10.2 additional dmg), but you must also remember that when there are more players, more lagg, and much more firepower of Musketeer/Grenadier type units - units that absolutely slaughter Urumi.

If you guys like, I did have a BO for an Indian Fast-Industrial, but it needs more improvement and works best in 3v3s and 4v4s. I wouldn't recommend it in 1v1s unless you are sure your opponent doesn't rush you. Also you have to make sure you are playing a map with much livestock, like Mongolia or Saguenay. Urumi are good, but to make them useful in team games, you must have two India players on the same team ordering them. India wins if they circle, but they lose in a head-on fight. Believe it or not, Urumi need a slight Range Resistance boost (like 0.10%, to make sure Musketeers do not dominate them lategame) and possibly a small speed boost of 0.3 (to make it 4.8) or 0.5 (to make it 5.0).

More Off Topic:

If you believe that this is quite an OP change, I have a scenario, 2v2WildernessRoadV2, where I have done this. I believe it is fair, and if you would like to see, I have some other changes on it as well. But rather, I have nerfed and boosted other units (Indian units as well) and tried to make them balanced. Some things aren't really necessary - many are just for fun, such as European Church Techs being "improved."

What I mean by "improved" is that for instance, when a British player researches Roger's Rangers Tech from the Glorious Revolution card, he/she gets 26 Imperial Skirmishers (Roger's Rangers) instead of 26 Guard Skirmishers (Rogers Rangers), and, once you age up to Imperial, you can Train them out of the Barracks. They are like a secondary skirmisher, if you do not want to train Longbowmen.
Other changes would include Ottomans, when hitting Imperial, will receive a shipment of 3 Spahi every 60 seconds, as long as they have less than 200 population and do not have more than 16-18 Spahi. As I said before, these are not necessary, but more fun - they add a considerable amount of flavor to the game. Even Portugal has one - They can get falconets from their church techs, in addition to Bestieros (It is the French Garde upgrades). Anyways, sorry about that rambling tangent.

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521