What's up with India?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

amigrunt

What's up with India?

Post by amigrunt »

At my level it's really hard to get games on fp so I probably need a non fp strat but i'm sure it works on fp. I play india and all I can do is to 10/10 strat and using that strat I found that it works against people that are pretty low level but if I play people my level I fail miserably. I'm trying to find a civ that I like and everyone in my club uses the Euro's so I want to be different and I am thinking about Japan or India.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: What's up with India?

Post by Soccerman771 »

cough CHINA cough... :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Alex, your level is a bit higher than mine, but I may be able to help you out with Iro's if you're interested. Sorry I'm trying to learn India atm as well. We're usually on at the same time. Just whisper me, if you're interested or looking for someone to practice with/against.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Try a fish boom on a water map. Remember, villages require ... wood. Fishing boats require .... wood. Who chops wood the quickest ... India!!

Use Agra defensively to protect t/c and dock or go Karni Mata for eco boost. Send 4 sowar as first card to raid and hopefully you can then eco boom away as they expect the typical India rush.

Key to India is to balance the eco collection in early colonial as miltiary units are all expensive and require food/gold.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

i would play india like that:
3 settlers on wood (without fp) the new settlers on food, first card wood trickle
age up with 14 settlers and victory tower ( 3-4 settlers on wonder imo)
than build with the age up wood a stable and a barrack, gurkha+zamburak(+sowar) or sepoy+ sowar
that are great combos, no other civ has such a great choice of units
you have a much better eco and can go on cav so early too
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

No other civ has as good selection of units? Ashigarus xD

Indian Standard Discovery Build Goes Something Like this:

3 Vils to wood, 2 Vils on Crates, 1 Vil to Hunt

Put the 2 vils gathering crates to wood, and set the waypoint so that one of your new vils goes to wood all the rest onto food.

1st Card Wood Trickle. When It arrives Move one wood Vil over to Food.

You should Start Ageing at about 3:40, Use 4 Vils to Build Wonder.

(Agra Vs Rushing Civs Like Aztec Iro, Tower Of Victory is Good If You want to go cav early or Dual Rax Gurkha which is effective Vs Japan, aslong your not too aggressive, And i dont usually use The karni mata as its not much of a Boost Tbh)

And From Here Like General buschmann Pointed Out India Have some Really Strong Units/Combos.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

with india you have to decide if you'll play them more boomy to get out stronger unit combos out faster, or moer of a rush.
the rushy version really needs no explanation imo, as everybody knows it
i usually start with 5 wood vills, of ocurse 2 get crates, when the first vill is queued only 1 vill on crates, spawning vills on food and now comes the trick:

if you get a wood treasure 5 wood vills is okay, otherwise for a short amount of time put 6, then 5 again.
during late discovery you can easily switch 1 wood vill to food, as it is very important to age early but with as less vills as possible(you can easily calculate your age up times, it takes 120sec(110sec on FP(non-agra) sec for the wonder to build itself(only for the colonial age though
1 vill will lower the time for roughly 10esc, but after 4 vills, the bonus gets smaller and smaller, imo 4 vils should be maximu, i often like 2-3vills

the nice thing about india is the food/coin military, you can easily get the unit you like, sowar and zamb got same ratio, sepoy is food heavy, gurkha slightly more food than coin, the 4sowar shipment is really flexible and is used by me every game
like any other civ yu can abuse crate shipments, whereas i prefer the wood one over the food one
get your consulate in mid colonial, either for the 6 redcoats or otto 4 vills, i somehow never use the gardeners, maybe against russia but i like the hp boost

kanri mata is very good if you feel confident in defending yourself, but that' hard to pull off imo, stick to tov most of the time, france consulates 300 crate techs are nice too, but you need 300export in this case

as tubruk said use agra only if you plan on being defensive vs like aztec/iro or if you want to secure the shoreline for water action

i don't like the fish boom of india tbh, you're better off getting regular vills+otto consulate

in fortress, they got their unit and elephant and urumi shipments, don't produce elephants imo, they can only be produced effectively when you invested cards and have a great eco, just stick to regular units, the shipments of them are really sufficient, few eles +regular army is a nice combo i always see the mass production of elephants as a transition(like from hunts/mines to mills/plants)

their semi-ff is very strong, so use it every now and then
it's really upt o you which unit combo you use, on fp i'd rather stick to gurkha sepoy than gurkha+sowar+zamburak like on ES patch, which is the ultimate combo imo
amigrunt

Post by amigrunt »

Hmm, i think I like their boom. Their rush seems kinda bad at higher levels. I am hoping to get at least to lutenit.
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I could try to give you some help, although I'm not great at rush right and have not played in a while. I am wrapping up the 4th quarter in an intensive school week - I only have three more weeks left of school, where school will end on May 13, 2009.

If you need help for lategame or No Rush (NR) you can ask me when I'm on (my account is murdilator), and tell me what your wanting to know, or you can look up at the NR20 "300" for some Indian pwnage.

"I will return." - General Douglas MacArthur, when leaving the Philippines.

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I just about lost to an India player today and he tried a fast industrial. With the ridiculous imbalance in ES's patch, an india fast industrial is very very strong.

I would try and write a loose build order for it but it really depends on a lot of things. Some harass is necessary to buy time and keep your opponent on their toes though. Age to colonial with the agra of course and use 4 sowar to harass IMO. Get market ups and keep aging. Maybe a more experienced India player could write a solid BO for it. Urumi are just unreal in the ES patch. Not too mention all the other age iv shipments.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""36drew""]
Urumi are just unreal.[/quote]
so true , my last 2v2 clan tourney game i did a fast age up to industrial and did a urumi spam , even on fp with unit stats adjusted urumi still own anything - even cav in sufficient numbers. british consulate + dravidian arts + shivia's tactics just make urumi do 35+ damage in age 4 with 400+ hp 30% range resist is unreal. a steeper food price for the 9 infinite urumi card would be welcomed cause as of now if game goes late age that price is cheap
- Dan
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

dravidian arts doesnt affect urumi. Urumi do range attack
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i believe it is melee attack with area effect just like the mahout
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

ypUrumi 260 NA 2 45 4.5 16 Ranged-30% 22 F-160, G-60
Unit Types: Urumi, HandInfantry, Infantry
BuildingAttack Damage: 28 (Siege), Cap: 37, ROF: 3.0
CoverBuildingAttack Damage: 14 (Siege), Cap: 19, ROF: 3.0
CoverHandAttack Damage: 9 (Ranged), Cap: 20, Area: 1, ROF: 1.0, Range: 0-2, Bonuses: HeavyInfantry x 1.75, LightCavalry x 2.0, xpEagleKnight x 2.0, Cavalry x 0.75, xpCoyoteMan x 0.75
DefendHandAttack Damage: 17 (Ranged), Cap: 38, Area: 1, ROF: 1.0, Range: 0-2, Bonuses: HeavyInfantry x 1.75, LightCavalry x 2.0, xpEagleKnight x 2.0, Cavalry x 0.75, xpCoyoteMan x 0.75
GuardianAttack Damage: 17 (Ranged), ROF: 1.0, Range: 0-2
MeleeHandAttack Damage: 17 (Ranged), Cap: 38, Area: 1, ROF: 1.0, Range: 0-2, Bonuses: HeavyInfantry x 1.75, LightCavalry x 2.0, xpEagleKnight x 2.0, Cavalry x 0.75, xpCoyoteMan x 0.75

they do ranged melee attack 8O
I think that card affects all meleeHandAttack, even if it's ranged (0-2 range) but i'm not sure ...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

weird that's for sure , i'll have to test it out on a comp stomp or something , i usually send dravidian arts in colonial in addition to the camel attack cards but after reading the tags and unit stats idk what to classify that unit as tbh

is it like the meteor hammer ranged melee attack?
- Dan