Sioux

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Sioux

Post by wicked_assassin »

As you all probably all know: i'm quite the rook in supremacy. i got especially problems with some civics which ask a different "touch". you got it native and asians :( ... whenever i play one of those accursed civics i fail... I'm actually screwing up pr 10 style...

i'm now trying sioux in 1v1, but i don't really work... i get owned badly, so badly i would embarress the whole clan if i would play them rated.

the rookish qeustion of me is: what are the basic strats of sioux? what are the tweaks, whant can be abused, what can be *****, can they fish boom and how, can they rush and how, can they turtle and how, can you tell me this???
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Sioux

Post by Tubruk »

Well I'l fill in a few Things, They cant boom and there isnt really a point in turtleing as their eco is Below Average.

There are a few Good strats they can do though, to name a few -

- 8 or 5 Axerider FF, ofcourse 5 AR Semi FF is faster.
- Straight FF, although all FF's are risky.
- the only things i saw being ***** was Bow Riders but with the new Generalisation 'nerf' they arent the allround unit they once where.
- but you can still do the pistolero rush, or just pressure with Cetan and Warclub with shipped Axe Rider.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

There's been a few 1v1 replays in the last week and 1/2 where someone FF'd with Souix. I recall one game where he was being attacked as he aged and he popped out the 3 grizzlies and that took care of his problem. I noticed they have something like 400 hp and 40 attack, IIRC. Wowsers.
Royal_Guard
Private
Private

Post by Royal_Guard »

[quote=""Shizle""] he popped out the 3 grizzlies and that took care of his problem. I noticed they have something like 400 hp and 40 attack, IIRC. Wowsers.[/quote]
what have you been smoking?
"In the end of the day, as long as there are still two people left in the world, someone is going to want someone dead."
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

are you serious bears????
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Honcho the pet grizzly. They rock. I recently saw a game with them used by an expert. They were surprisingly effective.
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

If I wasn't so addicted to playing French at the moment I would give their WH rush a try. Boosted WH units this patch along with shipped in cav and pistoleros has real potential IMO.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Send 10 pistoleros for 500 gold, build some axe riders to protect them and go raid. it's still Sioux's best early strat as they have potentially the best age 2 shipment of all there ...

The trick is to be permanently agressive, using the speed boost of the WC to keep nipping in and out of their base and killing settlers or at least forcing them to garrison.

In age 3, rifle riders appear to be the weapon of choice and make full use of the firepit for attack/siege boosts. If against cannons use the WC boost card to give him OP anti-cannon attack.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I have an old friend who pwned me with his club rush as sioux a few times. I think you actually just posted a game against him Tubruk, conquistador90? It can be surprisingly effective, and this was before the patch. :P
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

update me 10 pistoleros are they li or hi? so age with 15 vill then during transition evryone on gold untill you got 500 gold? with 400 wood as aging politician ?
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

King Vint, I think we saw the same game. I was surprised to find the Honcho card in his deck, and even more surprised he picked the card to defend as he aged up. But, it worked nicely. I swear they each had 400 hp and 40 attack. I'll have to check that, maybe I WAS smoking something.