Aggressive German Rush

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Aggressive German Rush

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i first saw that oupost thingy to speed up unit arival and get a tiny bit of map control from huggy

i did that today too (together with macabees aztec support) and it worked out well :-)

4 lands+uhlans and mace teared up some sioux and india today
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""etrips888""]wouldnt coyotes go with that HI strat better? Countering the RI faster, going after vills, and better siege?[/quote]

Sure. In 1v1s, I build uhlans to fulfill that role. Normally, by the time my Landsknechts are there, I have 4 uhlans, too. That's usually enough to kill an RI shipment. But if they have a lot of muskets, it's a problem. The whole point of this strat, though, is to kill their military buildings before they have a chance to build anything.

If an Aztec partner built coyotes or maces, I think the result would be the same. I just really like the 9 mace shipment + 5 built. That is just such a large early mass; no other civ can really match it, except the Russians, but I find mace > strelet. Throw in the 300 HP SKs, the WC and guardians and you have an impenetrable meatshield... not even counting the 4 430 HP Landsknechts!

@ Aaryn: Glad to hear you are trying this out with the Aztecs. If I had to choose a 2v2 partner for this strat, it would be Aztecs. I can see that this would destroy the Sioux pretty quick. They are weak against HI in the first place. If they don't have evening star, all they have is 6 cetans, and 4 uhlans devour those.

ONE MORE THING: If you have a partner who will build wood-based units, tell him to send you his coin. That will help you get the 400 coin for the mercs faster :D
Last edited by Kaiser_von_Nuben on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I play the Aztecs and Iroquois a lot, so if I'm online and you need a partner to help you Kaiser, you know I'm up for anything. ;)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

kaiser, i was not aztec, it was macabee being aztec :-)

i took Otto von Bismarcks civ ;-)
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I know Aztec pretty well as well, so hit me up if you see me and need me.

Also here's some times for u with otto;

5:53 15 jans and 3 hussar
6:06 10 abus 5jan/3hussar and 5 being made
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""blayzer13""]I know Aztec pretty well as well, so hit me up if you see me and need me.

Also here's some times for u with otto;

5:53 15 jans and 3 hussar
6:06 10 abus 5jan/3hussar and 5 being made[/quote]

Sounds great. I got caught up in some clanners last night when we chatted. Using Otto along with this could be good with a straight-up Janny spam supported by 5 uhlan shipped, 5 built. You would supply the siege, I would pwn everything else :D

I still think Iro and Aztec would be awesome matches for this strat. After playing some games with Scarred Claw yesterday, the early Iro aenna spam is really super. Throw in cav and Landsknechts from an outpost next to the warhut and I don't know how you could go wrong ;)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)