Aztec Age 3 and Late Game Units?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Aztec Age 3 and Late Game Units?

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Lategame hit and running with dragoons is harder. Remember how insta cuirs had fun against them.[/quote]

Not to mention lategame is laggier than early game.

It would be really hard to hit and run at that stage.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I'm not convinced that Aztec are that UP late game. The fire pit makes such a difference with those 10 WP on. I tend to not use it to make skull knight as I'm either getting attack boost, siege boost or faster build times when replacing my army.

One of Aztecs best features is that the majority of their troops are only 1 pop, apart from arrow knights. It is therefore far easier to have a mixed army than some. I would have some AK for siege and anti-cannon, but would also want some ranged infantry, so Mace, Coyote, JPK in large quantities.

With fully beefed up farms and plantations, I don't think anyone starts to run out of resources late game do they? If carrying excess resources then stick a few extra settlers on that firepit!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""ruminator""]I'm not convinced that Aztec are that UP late game. The fire pit makes such a difference with those 10 WP on. I tend to not use it to make skull knight as I'm either getting attack boost, siege boost or faster build times when replacing my army.

One of Aztecs best features is that the majority of their troops are only 1 pop, apart from arrow knights. It is therefore far easier to have a mixed army than some. I would have some AK for siege and anti-cannon, but would also want some ranged infantry, so Mace, Coyote, JPK in large quantities.

With fully beefed up farms and plantations, I don't think anyone starts to run out of resources late game do they? If carrying excess resources then stick a few extra settlers on that firepit![/quote]

With aztecs they lack any artillery though. Only aztecs and the souix do not have cannons, which can destroy large amounts of skirms. So with the aztecs I find it hard late game to fight head on, especially if they have thier explorer nearby or spies. Since the only way to stop the cannons and thier large number of skirms is with cyotes and even then a mew heavy infantry throw in can take the cyotes out. Also once the canon is dead your going infantry vs infantry and so I find even with the fire pit on the war dance my individual troops are only slightly stronger, and from 99 vills and 10 wp leaves you only 99 pop for units, My guys are usually outnumbered.
Though one bonus for aztecs late game are thier BBs. If you have not used any after 30mins and are at max pop or over this is a great time to use them, though i recomend getting each of them to imperial first. Since once you use all the BBs after 30 mins you have around 200 units military units. From my experience in 2v2 nr40 it takes forever to reach below 200 pop. One time it took me 10 mins and at that time i was well rooted in the enemies base. Though it is not very effective in 3v3 if your teammates are not much help or if you are forced into enclosed combat. The aztecs need a wide area to fight in, like the great plains.