China Players

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

China Players

Post by etrips888 »

Hey everyone! Im starting up playing as china with some success but I was just wondering if there were any 1v1 china players on here. Would love to be able to get advice on how to play against certain civs, doing certain strats, etc. I have some recs saved that I could post also if anyone is interested in watching :D

For starters, how do you guys like playing against otto? I hear its a pretty easy matchup for china, but ive run into some problems. If they go jan/abus I try for standard army, but steepes just cant survive very long to do any damage..

also, russia? what do you do there?
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: China Players

Post by danno527 »

Get help from soccerman771 ingame, he is very good with China.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i like china a lot, tho my playstyle is often euhm 'different' :)
vs otto early pressure with pike/ckn works well, dont let em mass too many abus/jans

vs russia: check Ourk's game, posted not so long ago on AS, he used flamethrowers !!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I guess I never expected han army to be able to overcome jan/abus because those abus seem to destroy both units. You like using 300 food or regular age up?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""etrips888""]I guess I never expected han army to be able to overcome jan/abus because those abus seem to destroy both units. You like using 300 food or regular age up?[/quote]

i'm not a china player but higher ranked players say ONLY go for the 300f ageup when you anticipate getting rushed by iro or aztec ;-)
otherwise, get 2 villages in discovery and .. you know what to send :-)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Not sending 300F slows your age time a lot.

But yeah, Old Han/Standard pressure works well.

China does have a problem vs Abus though...

You only have to flick steppes, and they die.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Versus Otto, 300 food is a requirement. 7 steppes is first colonial card. If they go 7-8 abus + 5 jans + 3 hussar (from shipment), it's pretty much gg unless you have wicked micro skills. You have to pressure and house them with old-han. Harley14 had some of the best strats for 1v1 China.

Send a vil up close as an FB and suicide rush them, it's pretty much all-or-nothing.

Versus russia, you have to do basically the same thing. Your 2nd shipment and the russian's 2nd shipment battle usually decides the game 80% of the time in my experience. Kill his 5 cossack shipment and then it's standard army the rest of the way.

There's a couple of rec's in the rec section from league games. lordandnoob, I mean lordandcount is another good China player with some good 1v1 strats.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

For me, China vs Russia is a no-go for China. Strelet focus-fire on steppes will most likely kill them in one volley, and that's before his shipped cossacks and his musketeers show up.

Also, how does one configure your economy for standard army as opposed to Old Han? I know that standard is a food/gold combo, but that leaves your economy weird regarding wood for houses, unless you ship 700W. But that's uses up one of your critical shipments that you would ideally use for military units.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I usually only need around 7 vills on gold for pretty constant spam, then around 4 for houses? probably adding more as the game goes on but thats what I usually do after aging up
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

It used to be that your monk and disciples were a good counter to strelets or xbows. Age to colonial with the white pagoda to boost your disciples and their max capacity. Then you can use CKN or the Peking Duck squad shipment to deal with HI. I don't know now if that would work so well after the patches.

I always found China to be a fun and challenging civ, even if I wasn't very good with them. Just keep practicing.

Cheers!

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I enjoyed using disciples as well, maybe even sending the monestary card early to improve them even more like DAMNIT did.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""etrips888""]I enjoyed using disciples as well, maybe even sending the monestary card early to improve them even more like DAMNIT did.[/quote]

that got been nerfed to oblivion with ES 1.01a.
DAMNIT only did that because it was requested by some players
he would never do that in a real game
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

that is true, but if I did use the disciple wonder, why not also get the upgrades in the monestary. I can see disciples being a good meat shield, making it harder for xbows and such, but are they even that effective?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

disciples rock with the upgrades, i use em way too often :D

@ hydro: you need 36 strelets to 1 shot kill a steppe
china can also use ratan shields, disciples and consulate cossacks vs mass infantry
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

36? wow with how weak steppes are that surprises me
Ratan shields also seem like a good surprise shipment against those RI heavy civs, but I've honestly never used the russia consulate. I like the otto consulate when playing as india for the hussars as well as the vills, but are the cossacks a good unit to use also? I've only seen brits and gers used