China Players

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: China Players

Post by deadhanddan »

i like the russian consulate for booming , with tc's , a fort or extra tough cav if needed, the german consulate is my fav, but for sum strange reason i only ever use it when i can finnally mass forbidden army , not sure why i do that
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

just took a look at the russian consulate and it seems pretty interesting. A fort is always great, and so is a factory. But does the blockhouse do anything besides sit there? I can't imagine it will train any units from it..
Do you find that 4 cossacks shipment useful?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

blockhouse can train units - every banner army actually except castle armies, just cant upgrade it or the units from blockhouse, the siberian cossacks r always nice, especially in age 2 since chinas steppes r a joke until carded and upgraded
- Dan
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

damn...well thats pretty useful then! I feel like trying to think up some interesting strats using that russian consulate now..
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""etrips888""]damn...well thats pretty useful then! I feel like trying to think up some interesting strats using that russian consulate now..[/quote]

i don't know if you play fanpatch or not, but it only trains units in the fanpatch
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

yeah i play the fanpatch..never wanted to go back to ESO since it :)
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I was hoping for a bit more from the latest fan patch notes. China are still too weak vs cav.

Pike need an HP boost and while Keshik got an HP boost they had an armour nerf so not much of a boost overall. They do no real damage to anything at all - I think even settlers and envoys beat them in a fight. Steppe are also paper weight and only appear to move fast with little other assets.

Back to the initial query, vs Otto or Russian. Against Otto, abus are really overkill vs China as they cost so much and do high damage to one target only. Janns are more of a concern as they can mass then easily, but the worst case is a FF to spahi for reasons above.

Against Russia, worst case is mass cossacks in age 2. 10-15 of these running around give you a real headache. If they go heavy on musk/strelets then get that flamethrower with chuk support for 500 food. Use pike in cover mode to keep them away from it.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Keshiks are really good now, don't forget they now take 0.75x damage from cavalry.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Keshiks are really good now, don't forget they now take 0.75x damage from cavalry.[/quote]

Nah, changing to 0.8 in the new Fan Patch. I think that 1 hussar still kills 2 keshik without micro - so too weak vs what they're supposed to counter. The difference only gets worse late game.

Same for the pikeman - 1 hussar kills 2 pike. Run them vs cav with an area attack and you have no chance at all.

But hey! I'm maybe just playing them all wrong ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Ruminator's right here. Even with these boosts, Keshiks are still very weak against cav, not to mention anything else.

I think Quiangs should have 12 hand attack with 3.5X vs cav.

That makes them roughly even with European pikemen.

But that's just my two cents.

(In case of contradiction, I don't know the stats of Quiangs off the top of my head)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

cav still have pathing issues though, so that works in favor or the other units when u compare them statwise.
Keshiks are still very so-so imo, that shipment in age II is needed badly
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i asked about the keshik changes in fanpatch notes on agesanc, asking why keshiks have not had the range resist changed to melee resist (like other cav archer units) *page 11 of that forum topic*, for some reason the testers decided to boost keshik hp, but not change their armor class, if that one change was done to keshiks then i would support a nerf in other areas (old han reforms) , keshiks r cav archers with the stats of a dragoon - just a lot weaker, this is the main problem with keshiks : a weak form of cav archer/goon hybrid , now with keshik range resist lowered means any skirm type unit will do that much more damage to them

here is a link to the fanpatch note page where i ask the testers this same question, and MNBob being the good guy he is replying to me
http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... 770&st=200
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]i asked about the keshik changes in fanpatch notes on agesanc, asking why keshiks have not had the range resist changed to melee resist (like other cav archer units) *page 11 of that forum topic*, for some reason the testers decided to boost keshik hp, but not change their armor class, if that one change was done to keshiks then i would support a nerf in other areas (old han reforms) , keshiks r cav archers with the stats of a dragoon - just a lot weaker, this is the main problem with keshiks : a weak form of cav archer/goon hybrid , now with keshik range resist lowered means any skirm type unit will do that much more damage to them

here is a link to the fanpatch note page where i ask the testers this same question, and MNBob being the good guy he is replying to me
http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... 770&st=200[/quote]

At least you didn't get called a "noob" who "doesn't know what he's talking about" in return for your legitimate comments :)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

yea kaiser , i was bracing myself for the stone throwing when i clicked the post reply button :(
- Dan
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Whoa hold on sorry if I'm late here but why do China need a vs cav boost?
Anyone who knows how to play China in QS will do very well, most people simply can't counter their rush/solid eco.
If you're facing a civ that cav spam cav early, send the Qiang first and take down a house/fb or just delay your rush so you don't get eaten by cav.
Late game why would you want to use Keshik when Old Han is OP and the only cav that Qiang don't totally own are splash damage cav, and Gemdarme are broken as hell anyways.