China Players

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: China Players

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I agree with James here. Lategame Qiangs are pretty deadly vs... well, everything really.

The only lategame cavalry that can give them a hard time is either Gendarme spamming, as mentioned above...

Or a Garrochista spam. That's also pretty nasty.
JKL4LiF3
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JKL4LiF3 »

[quote=""Cammel""]Gemdarme are broken as hell anyways.[/quote]

not if u know how to micro vs. them. and in late game, u cant spam gendamres non-stop, if its a rush game.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Gendarme are broken, their base stats are of Fortress Quality, While it should be off of a colonial base, so their upgrades are doing more than they should resulting in ghey, especially when they are instant =)

but i find old han reforms, Quiang pikemen Beastly tbh its just a shame that 3 CKN come with it XD
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The only thing I will add is to put your pikes in cover mode. And Nav says to always use those guard cossacks vs. Otto.

In fact he thought playing vs. Otto was an autowin for china (and the civ stats were basically the same when he played).

That might be a bit of a stretch, but 300food first is a must. Keep that villager spawn card in age I in there for later too. Just takes superior micro and not letting an excess of resources as well as all early military shipments. You still should be able to out do an otto a little -- especially in 1v1 when abus are nerfed.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol, china auto-win vs otto. Now it might be auto-win, but not really before. With china aging sooner now, poor otto.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

yeah i think fanpatch 1.1 is gna screw otto over tbh

slight eco boost, slight jan boost (Vs Cav) and Imo a Abus Overnerf
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's not a "slight" eco boost, it's a huge boost. Only issue is that they might be a bit slow early on, but still... They're pretty good. I recommend jan/hus and skip abus early.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""36drew""]The only thing I will add is to put your pikes in cover mode. And Nav says to always use those guard cossacks vs. Otto.

In fact he thought playing vs. Otto was an autowin for china (and the civ stats were basically the same when he played).

That might be a bit of a stretch, but 300food first is a must. Keep that villager spawn card in age I in there for later too. Just takes superior micro and not letting an excess of resources as well as all early military shipments. You still should be able to out do an otto a little -- especially in 1v1 when abus are nerfed.[/quote]

so you would say 300 food is the way to go against them? I never knew exactly what to do against them