How to "Rebuild"?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How to "Rebuild"?

Post by KingVint »

After having my base plowed over by Iro/Aztec rushes in some team games (people love those low HP, 20 pop houses), it became apparent I needed a better plan on how to get back in the game. My usual plan is to get my TC and houses back up, then get back to making vills and army. To do this, I will task my vills to wood in a remote corner behind a teammates base then get my TC and blumin expensive houses built in that location.

Apparently, this is not the way to do it, since I was told that I had the whole game to rebuild and failed to do it effectively. The difficulties with China in the second age is that you don't have any villager shipments, so you are already behind other civ's vill counts. Consequently, if you have lost vills, you are usually lacking in resources for banner armies that don't fully address the threat. Therefore, is China a special case and you should go to the third age with it, where you can get your vill counts up faster?

Thanks,
Vint
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: How to "Rebuild"?

Post by Soccerman771 »

Get to age III asap. Usually by 12 mins if possible.

If the other team is heavy rush and you are close, have 600 + 700 wood shipments in your deck.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I share ur query Vint, except I have that problem with all civs. What is the best way 2 recover (ie get back into the TEAM game). Ive tried remaking the TC, Ive tried 2 spam a couple of horses and just raid as effectivly as I can, Ive tried 2 age ASAP, tried 2 send vills cars vs crate cards but somehow take 4 eva. This is all true for early age II apocolyptical scenarios where anywhere from 10-25 makes it out, no TC and totaly housed!

out
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Brits can come back a little more easily with some manor booming. But if you lose your base after building all your manors, it can be tough. And everyone knows never to raze manors when they pwn your base :neutral:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

If you think your TC is going to fall, get all villagers out before its even started to be sieged. You can live quite some time with ALL your villagers even though you have no TC and loose some houses.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

There is no elegant way to get your town burned down. It messes up all plans, in fact I'm not aware of any build order that includes deleting your TC in the middle of the build order.

I try to decide if it's best for me to boom eco or get military back up ASAP. The answer is not always straightforward, it depends on the situation. If eco, then age III/multi-TC is the best way to go, if military then getting enough villies out to spam troops from a stable/rax is probably best. I often play the raider or home defender role for a while.

Make no mistake - you will not be the same after getting your first 10 minutes wiped away. Since the game involves exponential growth for the first 30 minutes, losing your first 10 means you will be much smaller than the others all the way, not just a few villies behind for a while. Combine this with the fact that you've probably already played your villie cards or other eco-boost cards, and the problem is even greater.

Find nicer players to play with?
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Yeah like the others said once your base is destroyed it takes a while to get back into the game. With china though they do have villager shipments, though the number of vills you gets depends on how many tcs and villages that you have.

KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

[quote=""36drew""]If you think your TC is going to fall, get all villagers out before its even started to be sieged. You can live quite some time with ALL your villagers even though you have no TC and loose some houses.[/quote]

If i judge their force has enough siege, I don't send more than 10 vills into the TC. I usually send my vills toward a teammate's town. Yet every now and then, someone is smart with their hussars and uhlans sends them into this space first to prevent vills from running.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

[quote=""LaZy""]I share ur query Vint, except I have that problem with all civs. What is the best way 2 recover (ie get back into the TEAM game). Ive tried remaking the TC, Ive tried 2 spam a couple of horses and just raid as effectivly as I can, Ive tried 2 age ASAP, tried 2 send vills cars vs crate cards but somehow take 4 eva. This is all true for early age II apocolyptical scenarios where anywhere from 10-25 makes it out, no TC and totaly housed!

out[/quote]

hehe, I have you a lot of chances today to work out how to rebuild but you just quit :( those evil grens.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]There is no elegant way to get your town burned down. It messes up all plans, in fact I'm not aware of any build order that includes deleting your TC in the middle of the build order.
[/quote]

There was a build order for this. Well, it didn't include deleting your TC, but it included planning on your TC being taken down. (By suggestive force).
This is a 2v2 strat that myself and an old N3O player devised (yojimbo). It was based around early building placement forcing/suggesting to the other team where to place thier FB and attack. Having planned on this "forced" attack gave us an advantage with our attack and would win us the game as we would be prepared for it. Our attack consisted of grens and hussars, and it was much quicker for us to plough through both TC's and most of the vills.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

The best way to rebuild is to be selfish. Cease all military production and get your TC/houses up asap whilst sending cards to get you into fort. After hitting fort build 3 tcs asap spam vils and send refrigeration and royal mint. After a while you can make it back into the game. I think its better for everyone to be selfish in this way because after all if you decide to help out and keep building military your eco will stagnate. Before long you will find yourself a couple of ages behind everyone and building superfluous units not really helping out at all.

Oh and of course save your vils when your base goes down. If you see the enemy attacking and know you can't defend yourself don't ring the town bell - just run. If you don't save the majority of your vils just disregard everything I have said and quit because you aren't getting back in the game for a very long time.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Good comments. I never know what to do in this situation. Generally I like to fight, not chop wood, and that hurts me. I like Chris' suggestion to just be selfish. I have been the odd man out in Age 2 while everyone else is in Age 4 several times; and no one wants xbows in that situation ::/

And I agree with Indy. "There is never a fun way to get your town burned down." No doubt about it. It makes for a very un-fun game most of the time :neutral: But we all face it and it helps to have a game plan.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I usually keep 1,000W in my deck just in case that happens, where my TC and houses get wiped out.

I chop wood so I have 250, build an outpost, ship the 1,000W and make a new TC.

If I'm playing as Germany, if I haven't already sent them, I tend to ship TEAM SWs, 3+2 SWs, so I have a 7 SW (14-vill) boost to my economy.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

In a team game, especially 3 v3 or more, get your team mates to tribute you enough wood for a new t/c.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

With china you can actually get your eco up quite nicely, get tc and age up as fast as possible to age 3 (I know you don't need tc for that), then make 3 tc and max house (7?) and send both settler cards, ally with russian for faster spam of settler and send that card that makes evrything train faster, you can outspam allmost any eco with that, the only problem is you need some time
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer