Town Destroyer

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Town Destroyer

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I've seen it very effectively used in team games. When the WC single-handedly wipes out your FB at 5:00, you are gonna have "one of those games." ::/[/quote] so true , best use i've ever seen of it was on a toshugo shrine , shoulda seen the name calling after that :lol:
- Dan
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]GeneralMichael, aren't you talking about Aztecs, not Iroquois?[/quote]
I was talking about Iro at the start but at the end I started thinking of what might happen if i used it with aztecs. I love the aztec war chief, I like his fighting the best out of the war chiefs/explorers/monks, only thing is I would prefer the attack bonus over the xp bonus.

Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Warlord678 »

Thanks for all of the replies everyone, appreciate it.

@Kasier - I've seen this done myself, it seems like a good route to take if you want to get an edge on map control. Would someone take this same route in a 1v1 style, or are you just shooting yourself in the foot?
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

It seems like a good thorn in the side that could even be done in a team game where you sacrifice that shipment while having your team be able to back your up and u disrupt their fb (could be fun with a iro/aztec combo with their SK whacking their fb too).
Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Warlord678 »

Good idea blayzer, 2 SK and WC could do a fair amount of damage. Im no expert by far, but maybe WC + 8-10 pikes would do a fair amount of damage also?
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

This card is nice in team games, when your japanese opponent has shrines everywhere on the map.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Gendarme,

youve just woken up 4 consecutive dead threads. Please let them RIP

ty

out
youngluke
Conscript
Conscript

Post by youngluke »

I think it's good for team rush game!
Incognoto
Private
Private

Post by Incognoto »

THis was used effectively in Sporting's last VOD.
hi
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i personally luv the card. i have used it in many games ( mainly team games of the past ) where a perfected zoo rush ( including buck!!! ) backed with this town destroyer card and a few unit ships ( mainly hawks and BB tc hawks , buck+zoo +eagle eye do rest of the job ) and you have a formidable + uber fast blitz ( being high chief can be sent and arrive before hitting age 2 , and zoo units require no pop space!!!) that will obliterate civs such as aztec+russia+china ( trash unit civs ) but also give you the raw seiging powa of town destroyer to quickly knock out blockhouses , warhuts , and villages in no time. i am curious as to everyones thoughts about what i just explained , i know it is pretty lame and all but it is very unorthodox and used rarely by eso community and i personally feel it is underused and very much underratted. did a clan game other day ( 3v3 on new england where i used this tactic beautifully ) and it was pretty much a landslide steamroll of the enemy , buck+pete the gentle bear ftpw 8)
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I shall call you Zoolander from now on :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

^ :lol:
- Dan
ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

Post by ChrisTheMean »

Cool Dan. I love using units like bears, janeys, rhinos, disciples, etc, but its usually hard to make them worth shipping or buying. Your use sounds cool and worthwhile if used quickly enough on the right target.
One could work out a pretty funny team strat for this if teamed with another civ with team pet shipments (India rhinos, Japanese lizards, etc). That would be so embarrassing to loose to!! :twisted:
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well dan, I think the animals were not that much to fear. My main fear was from your teammates. Then again that might be because I was china and I saw a lot of cav

Jrod5
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Jrod5 »

Ive found this very useful against japs cause while are armies are fighting i can take out there shrines which will house and make them lose resources at the same time.