Town Destroyer

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Town Destroyer

Post by Warlord678 »

Is this card useful in colonial? The purpose of the card from my understanding is to attempt to take an enemy FB down before constructed. If not used for that, is there a use for this card later in the game? Suggestions and thought please. 8)

-Lord
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Town Destroyer

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I don't like it personally, too many other cards are needed in age II.
Sporting used it in a few rec vs russia I think and it worked out fine...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by James246 »

It's very useful. It gives your WarCheif the seige of about 7-8 pikes, so while you have a fight going on, you can use it to take down enemy houses, therefore getting him housed really quickly. Like he will take down the house in like 5 or 6 burn things. (Same as 6 - 7 pikes).

Very effective if used correctly.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Like Chaos said, you have more important cards that can be sent in age 2. However, if your military cards are depleted and you're doing fine for resources, it's a nice bonus to your attack squad.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Any decent player looks to micro and take down the WC early anyway, due to the aura boost for the surrounding troops. It's a good card, sure, but only where you can keep your WC alive ...

Maybe worth a try as first card vs a FB with 5 toma BB in support!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i personally love town destroyer , always fun to use it on any Asian wonders w/ the tomahawk 5 bb , houses , fbs etc. , don't forget that the damage increases with age just like special shot attack and that a well placed firepit on chief dance means you can have a 1900 hp siege tank (age 2 w/ at least 5 vills dancing and age 1 card sent) that is continuously auto healing and reviving to just keep coming and coming , the highest stats ive personally seen on an iro chief was in age 4, over 4k hp with 482 siege attack 8O
- Dan
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by James246 »

Your going to give me nightmares now!
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""James246""]Your going to give me nightmares now![/quote] lol sorry james that wasn't my intention
- Dan
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]damage increases with age just like special shot attack and that a well placed firepit on chief dance means you can have a 1900 hp siege tank (age 2 w/ at least 5 vills dancing and age 1 card sent) that is continuously auto healing and reviving to just keep coming and coming [/quote]
OOh I never knew the damage from the shot increased by age. Also I never thought of in battle doing the war chief dance, I always used the war dance but now after the new patch some out I might do that in age 3 if I ship the skmoking mirror so my war chief can do area damage while having op attack and possibly having gone to age 3 with the age up that gives the war chief a spinning attack. With 10 wp doing the war dance the spinning attack kills all enemies that it hits then I switch to warchief dance to make him just keep popping up and killing everyone

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's specially useful when you need to take down his town and he has no idea about the town destroyer ;)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

GeneralMichael, aren't you talking about Aztecs, not Iroquois?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

check all the '500$ fanpatch tourny' decks and look how often you find the town destroyer card in it. I think the iro AA card is better.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

well those players r doing mirror matches and are forced to copy each other move for move, i respect ppl who add fun strats with civs other then the generic unit spams , a.a. is good as well but so is t.d. , my point being since the chief is so vital to your army why not enhance him?
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Chaos the iro decks are made for iro mirrors, in iro mirrors I'm not really seeing it in there. It's good when you gotta tear down a civ like russia, ports, dutch, not aggressive ones that don't turtle.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I've seen it very effectively used in team games. When the WC single-handedly wipes out your FB at 5:00, you are gonna have "one of those games." ::/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)