Longbow's too OP?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Longbow's too OP?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

No we can't, we need to have an objective for this game, and it's game balance! :D And those 7 patches are reduced to 2 due to play-testing.
jonesk
Private
Private

Post by jonesk »

Cheesehat, give the FP team a chance. Nothing I have seen so far has lead me to believe they are going to be another ES, over-boosting and nerfing civs at random.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

and it's more fun when the top civs changes after each patch, so at least more than 1 civs gets played. Patches are good, even if perfect balance will never be achieved.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I think patches potentially bring old players back, even if it is just to test the changes.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]and it's more fun when the top civs changes after each patch, so at least more than 1 civs gets played. Patches are good, even if perfect balance will never be achieved.[/quote]
+1
The FP team has lowered Japan and India.
Pre fan patch I would have felt annoyed when QSing and a Jap player came up (that's a lie - I played China and it was a damn nice matchup for me) but now I feel much more confident, knowing that whilst I keep that Jap player inside his TC he's not gathering as much resource as previously with shrines.

New OP civs is awesome, they're now Iro/Aztec - and I QS without native civs! Ohoh! Balanced game of Tier 2 Civs!
Seriously, QSing without TWC civs at present is very balanced, Otto has OP rush skills/water, German has amazing early mass, Jap and India retain their powers, Brit is still incredibly good with lb/pike if played defensively and boomed.

The game is as good as it's ever been, more based on skill than FF GET MAHOUTS GG.
Wetmelon
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Wetmelon »

This topic has kinda moved from LB's being too OP to patch stuff. Save the patch stuff for the FP topic, shall we? :P

But I love the fact that LBs are getting -1 attack, +.25% to HI. They weren't quite effective enough against HI as they historically should have been, and just a bit too good against Cav... could beat them too often. This will make using them vs pikes a little easier now :)

Historically, trained LBmen had a four second RoF... muskets had a ~15+ second RoF and rifles were worse. Who would really win? I realize that the game isn't necessarily about pure realism, but it's nice to try to keep some historical accuracies in the game.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ stick 2 mating whales young man.

out