2 russia recs vs drew

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

2 russia recs vs drew

Post by huGGy »

Rec 1 is russia vs ports on new england. 50 min game, which was pretty equal until drew made use of his monitor ships and me forgetting oprichniks :/.

Rec 2 is russia vs germans on mongolia. i started with muskets and cossacks and he did a uhlan semi-ff. his uhlans couldnt do any damage, neither could my cossacks. i go fortress for falcs, muskets, cossacks and manchus and drew had uhlans, jaegers, skirms and - what finally made the difference - black riders (i totally forgot about them, even though i saw 'em in his deck).

well, feel free to do some less mistakes then me, but it might help tho. ggs drew. glad you are back :]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: 2 russia recs vs drew

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Drew's back in aoe business already? :O
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Drew's back in aoe business already? :O[/quote]

First two games back. Reaction time and processing is really slow. I actually had to lay down and nap after. It was tiring to sit in a chair for that long. LOL. Will be back online in a few hours.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Drew's back in aoe business already? :O[/quote]

First two games back. Reaction time and processing is really slow. I actually had to lay down and nap after. It was tiring to sit in a chair for that long. LOL. Will be back online in a few hours.[/quote]

Take it easy, Drew! We all will understand if you need some more time to rest. On the other hand, if gaming makes you feel better, sometimes doing what we like is the best medicine :D
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

it's better to do something then doing nothing.
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

lol awsome drew! very cool man.
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Other than the typical "don't let the game get that far," how should a Russian counter the late game goon and heavy cannon threat? Russian cav archers can't go into melee and attack the cannon's like goons can and infantry can't really reach the cannons in time. The only way I see is to have shipped the fast infantry training and spam strelets supported by culverins.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Problem was i had no infantry training card in my deck. I changed it today. I could have won it if i built monitors myself and spammed oprichniks at some time to harrass his eco (settlers, factories). But I hardly got a game that far so i forgot about everything. Then Drew pushed really good and defended his cannons really really well.
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

good games, the russia vs germany one really was what i was looking for in the other thread.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""danno527""]good games, the russia vs germany one really was what i was looking for in the other thread.[/quote]

Bad i couldn't deliver a victory. On the other hand it was a gg vs Drew. If i face some captains or majors playing germans i'll press the rec button again.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

New England:

Ports on water aren't invincible. Imo 17 vill age up with schooners as first card would have been better than 14 vill 900f distri age up :p

700c? Use the blockhouse powa to ship 2 caravels and bring down his docks :\ Actually, I've done that ''2 caravels>port tc'' trick against you Huggy hehe

Russian eco owns port eco early on, sea or not. So add some strelets in the equation and see him struggle to pump some hussars out. Just cossacks will only give him time.

Going tps when you haven't secured map control isn't a good idea. Get a good front first, even if that means getting an extra blockhouse on the coast and making a bigger army.

You should have gone industrial instead of getting cav archers when you had 2000f 1200c.

Nice boom.

You should have gone for the whales.

You got way too much wood and food and nearly zero coin :(

Tp's and tm? You really could have won this game heh :p gg
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Drew owned me just two days after his surgery. It was kind of sad to lose to someone that just underwent that. Sporting, please stop joking. There is no possible way to beat the Ports as the Russians. Really, there is no way to beat them easily with anyone.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""hallchr""]Drew owned me just two days after his surgery. It was kind of sad to lose to someone that just underwent that. Sporting, please stop joking. There is no possible way to beat the Ports as the Russians. Really, there is no way to beat them easily with anyone.[/quote]

i don't know if you're joking hall or being serious, but ports are the hardest civ with whom you wanna win in this game :(

only because some "good" players find it cool to even with with a weak civ and exploit them to its fullest doesn't make them good

---------------------------------------

i like this tier list(fanpatch and NOT mine of course):

My AoE3 fanpatch 1.0 1vs1 Tier ranking:

Tier 1: Iro, Aztec (no need for explanations; Iros 4 min rush is so dominant on 11-12 civs it's rediculous, and if not they will do their wise woman age for insane eco/best early 3 unit army; Azzy have best boom, best abusable firepit, best sea, LI tag, insane maces but crappy after age3, where eagles take over, and 100 pop BB army)

Tier 2: Ger, Brit, Jap, India, French, Russia, Ports/sea (GOOD tier (y) - all can beat eachother - BTW look it's Ports in Tier 2, L2P!)

Tier 3: Otto, China, Dutch (I don't give a rats ass about Voodoo_Boss or any other nub downtalking this civ, they own, thankfully not as big as Tier 2, but they are still good on 90% of the maps)

Tier 4: Sioux, Spain, Ports/land (Sioux has broken BRs but alot of exploitable weaknesses; Spain is too melee orientated; Ports is Ports on land, but still Tier 4 worthy. Just L2P and learn how to abuse crate shipments)