Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Russia vs. France and Germany

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

just tried a few things and found this could be interesting:
quick FF for Cav archers, I had 10 out around 7.15
I know cav archers aint very popular, yet they still pwn colonial hand cav easily (45 ranged dmg at ROF1.5). You can go for full cav army and raid with oprichs while relying on some solid age III shipments (2 falcs, 17 strelets, 6 oprichs, highlanders ....)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
JKL4LiF3
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JKL4LiF3 »

tartars pwn cav. i once spammed tartars vs. gendarmes and won. :D
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]just tried a few things and found this could be interesting:
I know cav archers aint very popular, yet they still pwn colonial hand cav easily (45 ranged dmg at ROF1.5). You can go for full cav army and raid with oprichs while relying on some solid age III shipments (2 falcs, 17 strelets, 6 oprichs, highlanders ....)[/quote]

Can work, but if you're getting rushed by germans it will be difficult to get those thingys out (-> destroyed houses). On a FF map it might work though :]
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]just tried a few things and found this could be interesting:
I know cav archers aint very popular, yet they still pwn colonial hand cav easily (45 ranged dmg at ROF1.5). You can go for full cav army and raid with oprichs while relying on some solid age III shipments (2 falcs, 17 strelets, 6 oprichs, highlanders ....)[/quote]

Can work, but if you're getting rushed by germans it will be difficult to get those thingys out (-> destroyed houses). On a FF map it might work though :][/quote]

this is only situational, where I asume you know/scouted the french or german goes full cav vs you :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

might play around with that
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

There we go. I actually beat someone not a NOOB with the Russians. I can't comment though on his dutch familiarity though.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""hallchr""]There we go. I actually beat someone not a NOOB with the Russians. I can't comment though on his dutch familiarity though.[/quote]

Dutch are horrible against Russia now. When they had 7 vils to start and full XP from bank building, they were unbeatable. Now, they have a really hard time holding off the 10 musket/9 cossack rush, because they have a cruel choice: Either build a stable or barracks... if they go skirms, your cossacks get them, and if they build hussars their econ is flat, and your musket/cossack combo counters them.

When Dutch goes hussar, he has only 2 banks most of the time... not a good recipe for success.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Lol way to take away my thunder...
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

here ya go: not perfect play by me, 'cause i haven't played russia since my league game vs drew, but it might be helpful. keep in might that drew is still op :P (you should win with this vs 2.lieuts - captain level).

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... 5986#35986
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

Thanks a lot huggy, that is great i downloaded them and will watch them tonight.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Just a note to the game vs Ports: I sent 700 coin as first Age2 card. I don't normally do it when i want to go Cav. Send 5 Cossacks instead. Tried it now, cause i saw Ourk doing it once. Maybe with some practice it's worth it. Don't konw.

Maybe it's worth it when you want to go to the sea the same time. For market upgrades and fishing boat upgrades. I didn't go for the sea 'cause you normally don't have a chance vs Ports anyway. Just get market upgrades, try to harrass a little bit and boom with 3 TCs in Fortress.
JKL4LiF3
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JKL4LiF3 »

just send the cm card. 135 attack can really destory russia from 2-3 tc's.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""JKL4LiF3""]just send the cm card. 135 attack can really destory russia from 2-3 tc's.[/quote]

Hm i don't think so. Russia > Ports. On good water maps it's different, but New England isn't perfect for fishing.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""JKL4LiF3""]just send the cm card. 135 attack can really destory russia from 2-3 tc's.[/quote]

Hm i don't think so. Russia > Ports. On good water maps it's different, but New England isn't perfect for fishing.[/quote] i heard russian semi-ff is good vs. ports, grenadiers+halbs+ransack card with a few opricknics, haven't tried that exact strat yet but next clan game i just might ;)
- Dan
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

HUGGY!!! PORTS>EVERYTHING IN LIFE!!! I'm actually going to go there.