Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Need help with Japan

Post by huGGy »

yo,

played dan (deadhand) on yukon today. this is mainly to ask for help in my building order and some overall stuff. some things were kindy weird. couldnt kill one wolf thats why i missed my perfect age up time. put following vills on wonder, which wasn't really in my masterplan and i couldnt grab a cdb 'cause game said there was a wolf. i made a screenshot. there was no wolf. :P everything else went ok. at least i think so. so feel free to give me some pointers please.

thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Need help with Japan

Post by deadhanddan »

you don't need any help with japan :evil:
- Dan
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

KK im Not Uber L337 With Japan or anything but this is My 10 Pence

-3 vils to Food, Rest to Crates. Food Then wood

-Have The 2 Cherry Orchard Card. Rly Helps Instead of spending 400 wood each on rice paddies.

-1st Card, Heavenly Kami/3 Fishing Boats (Although It may have been beneficial in short term, Heavenly Kami would of helped in the long run, Cheaper/Better Shrines)

-Age @ 800 food Not 1200+ Lol (You Could Of Really Damaged Him With Yumi Keeping Him Off Of hunts etc.) i Usually use 3 or 4 vils to build and have just enough on food for vil production, rest for Shrines Market Etc.

-3 sam Card isnt Really That good Of A shipment 1.8 x Vs Cav Isnt Enough, i Usually have 600 gold instead

-You Had Alot of Excess Food, and Few Gold. Use Market.

-Keep The Pressure On. Your Army > Than Dans all game.

-Protect your Yumi, If He Had a Larger mass that could of been fatal, either keep your clubs with your yumi and use ashi for siege or vice versa.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

This 1000 food age up was a little (big) mistake. Fighting this undieable wolf kept my attention. 3 Samurais / 600 gold. You're right, i'll switch it as soon as i have those 600 gold card available :].

About my 1st card: I like to play this explorer cards on yukon. I don't know if it is really worth it in the long run, but i like playing it (with nearly every civ, Ports, Russia, India for 2 Lions, Iros for 5 Bears). Just a personal preference.

I don't know how good those Konshas are vs Cav. I had like 12-15 as Anti-Cav. I think it's enough, cause normally you won't go Cav early on vs Japan and their Ashigaru. But you pointed out a good thing. I need to work on my ability to mix in some other units early on.

I'm still not sure with how many Vills i should build this Shrine. Caesár said he uses one. I tried do it. My Vill gather point (i thought i clicked it on wood) ruined my plan :P. So in the end i had 3-4 building it.

I really like your pointers to my deck. Everything else i could add / delete? Especially Fortress Age made me thinking. More units? More economy cards?

Thanks for your feedback so far!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i'll check it later on
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

yeah huggy clubs are sweet as far as anticav goes 10 x 5 Vs Cav.

yeah about the deck, i usually put in refrigeration 20% all food gathering in age 3.

ohh yeah about the 50% explorer combat card, i wasnt puuting it down. like you said personal preference, but with japan i find most of their time spent in colonial is building shrines anyway. i only use that card for iro tbh for buck and eagle eye shot :P

and there was no problem with your unit variation in that game, yumi are strong enough to beat other ranged infantry, especially with the upgrades, and imo konsha are kick ass tbh.

Ohh and dan i forgot, you FF'd with india and i dont think you made a single age 3 unit, so wouldnt it have been better to slug it out in colonial?
theres a rec of luigi doing a dual rax Gurkha strat Vs a japanese player. and in the current state of the patch i think it could become quite effective. i used it earlier with chris against strokey and maca, to good effect.

and at one point when you seen he had made yumi you made sepoy :S sorry to be on your back but wouldnt brits/otto > port for india. 10% hp for all all land units + redcoats, or otto for gardeners and 3 vils?

il watch the rec again incase i missed something.

(EDIT) after watching from dans POV:

300 export + 100 export for 3 vill :S
or ship 2nd wood trickle card for roughly 5 vils?
300 wood in age 1 doesnt give an extra 1 vil, wood trickle is still a good card just not op anymore it still roughly equals 3 vils with your 1 vil bonus.

pick off Melee inf such as Konshas with your sepoys or gurkha or w/e you have then send sowar in, it was a battle you couldnt of won rly but, for future reference. you sacrificed all your sowar to get 3 or 4 yumi archers i think.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

a few small points i can add:
-when u start with 2 cherry thingies, use one to explore
-if u plan on shipping the explorer card first, don't pick up the small coin/food treasures, wait for the card to come in
-build more shrines, it's japan main engine
-keep military production going, often u had all the resources needed but didn't make any units
-be more agressive, raid, scout or harras, but don't be idle, there was no action during the first 20 min :s (apart from Dan suiciding some sepoys ;) )
- lol @ the trapped cdb, poor soul will be forever on that rock :D

looks like you could be fearsome with japan really quickly !
gg
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]
-be more agressive, raid, scout or harras, but don't be idle, there was no action during the first 20 min :s (apart from Dan suiciding some sepoys ;) )
-[/quote] i was housed atm and just too lazy to build another one ;)
- Dan
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]
-[/quote] i was housed atm and just too lazy to build another one ;)[/quote]

That's one of the wicked strats i talked about yesterday. You don't build houses, you delete army :P
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

lol^^
I saw DAMNIT deleting his dutch envoy early game, OP!!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

very nice advices by chaos and tubruk :) so i don't need to add more
about that explorer card for japan, it is worth it if you get it back to back, like a 300gold treasure which would grant you double the income, that means 600coin! even better if it's a wood treasure
but before you sent it always look if you find a worthwile treasure, if not then don't send it, even on yukon which is known for its nice treasures there can be unhandy treasures quite near of your oppenents base

p.s.: didn't watch the game
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol envoy costs one pop? Didn't know about that.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Lol envoy costs one pop? Didn't know about that.[/quote]
not afaik, but it was still funny to see a pro deleting his envoy, even b4 half the map got scouted 8)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Aight, here's (hopefully, if i didn't missclick) a japanese mirror with Caesár. It was really good, had the better economy but couldn't build army. i bite myself, when i saw my unused ressources. I think this is one of my biggest problems in the game.

The beginning was good, nice little fights for the shrines and the water (really crappy micro on water here by me. Somehow my boats didn't fire this special attack, although i clicked it. Normally i really like fighting on water). I led with points most of the time.

Map was Yucatan. HF watching!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.