C.H.A.O.S.

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Image C.H.A.O.S. Image

Creeping
Hussars
Alternative
Ottoman
Strat

So what do you do when facing an Ottoman? You keep an eye on the amount of trading posts he builds, this usually helps to find out if he does a colonial rush or the so called 'IOR' where several TP's + silk road will be the engine of their economy. When you see he has only one TP you prepare yourself against a rush. You make infantry to fight off some waves of jannisaries...

The Strat:
First of all, you'll need a map with at least one easy TP, the XP will be needed to get your shipments out on time.

Age I
I usually have 3 vills hunt and 3 pick up the crates, while I send my explorer to the nearest TP. (when the TP is right at your TC, use more villagers to collect the wood crates faster) Build the TP as soon as you can while one vill builds a house and then joins the others to gather the needed 800F to age up.
Ship 3 villagers as first card.
You should be able to start aging at 4'00" or sooner on every map.
Small food treasures are great to speed it up.
Choose the 400W politician.

Trasition to Age II
task 2 on wood, 4-5 on coin and leave the other on food. Economic waypoint is set to coin.
You need to gather 150W (unless you started with an extra wood crate or food wood treasures) so your total wood = 50+150+400 =600, enough for a stable and 4 houses, giving you 60 pop cap.

Age II
Ship the 4 villager card ASAP.
have 2-3 vills ready to pick up the age up wood and have 3 others build a stable as soon as you have 200W available. Try to hide the stable a bit but don't waste too much time. It should be up before 4'30"! Queue 1 hussar and more as the resources allow it.
I use the 2 wood vills to build the 4 houses.
Your 3rd shipment will be ready: ship 700G.
You should be able to get 3 batches out of 5 Hussars at 6'40" approx. Go RAID! :twisted:
Usually, the 4th shipment is ready around the 6'00"-6'20". You could ship 3 more hussars, but I ship 700W.
This is used to get a market, a rax and a mosque. You will have a strong economy and be able to adapt easily from here.
Possible options:
go to Fortress or even Industrial (revolt!!)
stay in colonial and start massing janns
grab more TP's and ship Silk Road
Ottoman are rather flexible so you should be fine ;)

No need to wait for 15 hussars, start raiding when you got 10 (5'50"-6'00"). Sooner might not be smart, as it gives your opponent the time to adapt (make pikes)
If you're up against China, try to flank his army, you should be dealing great damage
this works for both 1v1 and team games
I would not use it vs dutch or japan, as they are hard to raid.

Sample Deck
You can go heavier on age III cards instead of age VI, but I dont like sitting too long in age III as ottoman

GL & HF :D
Last edited by I__CHAOS__I on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Re: C.H.A.O.S.

Post by Cyclohexane »

Sounds like fun. Any records or required / suggested cards?
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Nicely done CHAOS.
No need to wait for 15 hussars, start raiding when you got 10 (5'50"-6'00"). Sooner might not be smart, as it gives your opponent the time to adapt (make pikes)
You know, that's a good point. When I do a gren rushes I realized that earlier is not really better. If I went with 10 it wasn't nearly as good as 14 or 15. Good point.

While watching Nav and Drew's last game I noticed they both did it.
Creeping
Hussars
Alternative
Ottoman
Strat
Clever
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]Sounds like fun. Any records or required / suggested cards?[/quote]

good idea. I added a sample deck and will try to get a recorded game too.

@ Craz: thx :)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I like the idea a lot chaos; however, I do think there are better BO's to accomplish this goal. I play a fair bit of otto and when I get a replay (wish I had 2 vs. liet colonel's from last week), I will post it. I usually go for hussar/jannie or hussar/abus if i'm not FF/FI-ing.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I doubt you can get the same amount of hussars any faster without sacrificing eco, but plz share your BO :)
this is hardcore hussar spam with the best vill eco otto can get
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

A well written strat chaos, I reckon it could be put to good use in team games to take out the initial groups of LI, especially because everyone expects ottos to go abus or jans in team games.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

yeah, I noticed you played and beat Swinger Drew. Nice! He's a very good 1v1 player. Otto vs German eh? I wish you had that record.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^The only response I have is that on paper vs. reality can be very different Chaos. For example, playing silk road as a second card can be very dangerous vs. a spain FF (or any FF for that matter) as it slows you down by 40 seconds. You need to be harassing these civs immediately upon colonial to gain an edge. 3 hussars is normally my second card. Stagecoach gives you enough eco. Silk road can be saved for great lakes, sonora, etc. I often use the card as a decoy anyway to give the illusion of heavy otto rush when in reality I will FF.

Just some thoughts. :) Again, the concept is good, and it is situtional. You might choose your BO against britain for example.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Yeah, I agree with Drew. I'd have to say 3 hussars is a better 2nd card and then 700 gold for my third. I don't think 4 villagers is necessary given the necessity of aggressiveness.

Anyway, great strategy!

Also, don't do this against Spain (Lots of heavy inf) or Iroquois (Lots of war huts).
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I agree guys, this is situational, and so should every strat be. (strats that work in each match-up and on each map are kinda "lame")

By shipping 3 hussars first, you just cant mass that amount on such a short time. I'll have 5 hussars out by the time ur 3 arrive btw :)

the way I see it: this would work really well in team games and against some civs like china, brits, france...
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^Chaos, my BO has five arriving from a stables at roughly the same time my shipment of 3 arrives. It's not that difficult either -- that gives right at the start of colonial. Then I usually worry about other things. Anywho, to each his own -- if it works for your playing style, more power to you.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

well u just have a diff strat so what? I never said its better or worse, all I wanted is to share how otto can get 15 hussars out sub 7 min

In your BO u start with a stable but dont mass more hussars, so you have to build a rax (or foundry) as well early, which means you need wood choppers (= slower)

does anyone know how to resize the picture?
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]

does anyone know how to resize the picture?[/quote]

Go here and download this picture viewer / editor. It is free and it works excellent. You can easily resize pictures (with aspect ratio intact) as well as many other things.

Irfanview
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^ Yeah Chaos. Point taken. I think your strat would be really good for team games where you generally mass one type of unit. In single player massing hussars only could be pretty risky if you don't have something to kill the pikes close behind.