Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

French Native Cav

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Just giving French a go...

They've got +15 dam/hp for natives age 2, then age 3 they have both +15 dam/hp for cav and +25 dam/hp for natives.

So, if you build natives that just happen to be cav, it gets a bit insane.

i.e., with those three cards, +55% dam & +55% hp.

And they have still more upgrade cards too (but probably too many to play.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: French Native Cav

Post by huGGy »

Does cav upgrade affects native cav? I'm not sure. Going for the natives as french is worth it. No matter if you have cav or not. 2 upgrade cards in colo and 1 in fortress. But playing french you have to make sure to upgrade your cdbs and fight with 'em.
Last edited by huGGy on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

the same idea applies to using minor native infantry with iroquois, although iro has the warchief hp bonus and a full firepit means %25+ damage
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

arsenal affects natives, which is one reason i luv french, age 2 cherokee skirms with 17x3 attack, 320 hp for only 50 food 40 wood, it is op, same goes with cav techs at arsenal, i know team cav attack affects native cav, on maps such as great plains that have cheyenne riders, these natives become insanely op when fully techd and carded, cheyenne fury gives them bonus damage vs other cav, both light and heavy
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

it works, but it's just not realistic to play so many upgrade cards for a limited amount of average native units.

dan, i dont think cherokees have 17 dmg..., more like 8 or something close to it imho, and they cost 60f 60w
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

cherokee start off with 11 attack if i remember correct, but with french native cards, arsenal it goes up and up, i may be wrong on the price of the unit, i usually get them and seminole mixed up like that
- Dan
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

I remember in good ol nilla treaty we'd all share around the natives, and the French dude sends his 60 attack Dog dudes into the other dudes 50 attack ones, equalling GG
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

dan, i dont think cherokees have 17 dmg..., more like 8 or something close to it imho, and they cost 60f 60w
Had a peak at the refs:

Cost = 60 fd, 60 wd
damage = 13 (26 hi) - 3.00 ROF
hp = 230

Cree Trackers are the extreme case. 300 hp!, 10 dam

it works, but it's just not realistic to play so many upgrade cards for a limited amount of average native units.
It's pretty map dependent. I think the best maps for a larger native army are:

Map: natives types (in rough reg. terms)
Bayou 2 types of skirms
Great Plains hussar & dragoons
Hispaniola skirms - i.e. blowgunners
Painted Desert skirms & dragoons
Texas dragoons

Obv. on Hispaniola, you're not going to run out of carib blowgunners due to the extreme amount of TPs. But that single native type makes things look really one dimensional :(.

Does anyone know a list of standard maps for the FP?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]cherokee start off with 11 attack if i remember correct, but with french native cards, arsenal it goes up and up, i may be wrong on the price of the unit, i usually get them and seminole mixed up like that[/quote]

lol dan you always exaggerate with unit stats :P
Cost: 60 Food 60 Wood (191 Villager seconds)

HP: 230

Speed: 4

Resistance: Ranged 10%

Ranged attack: 13, ROF 3, Range 16 (Bonuses: Heavy Infantry x2, Ranged Cavalry x 1.5, Eagle Knight x2, Coyote Man x 0.75, Hand Cavalry x 0.75)

Hand attack: 6, ROF 1.5 (Bonuses: Heavy Infantry x2, Ranged Cavalry x 1.5, Eagle Knight x2, Coyote Man x 0.75, Hand Cavalry x 0.75)

well, your cherokees got less dmg but more hp than a regular skirm and cost more + lower resistence

also you have to send like many cards to get them remarkably stronger.

as french, go with Light infantry cav-like units or cav archers in age2 or war elephants in 1v1

P.S.: why are we talking about infantry native units in a thread about cav vs cav engagement? :P

P.S.: didn't see sun_tzu1's post :(
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i dont think treaty existed in nilla O.o
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Treaty wasn't made from air, in vanilla there is ''no rush'' games ;)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]it works, but it's just not realistic to play so many upgrade cards for a limited amount of average native units.

dan, i dont think cherokees have 17 dmg..., more like 8 or something close to it imho, and they cost 60f 60w[/quote]
Playing the upgrade cards in 2v2 would be very feasable.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I tested it, didn't work for me!?
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

What civ, map, & natives Huggy?

I played a 2v2 the other day and I went Cheyenne (as French). I built a lot of them and did the fury (anti-cav) upgrade. They actually performed really well - particularly against our opponents Coyotes - and we won the game.

Obv though, one win doesn't prove very much. Hence interested in your experience with natives.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Was Great Plains. Played French. Nothing wrong with the strat, but not every Cav upgrade card improves Cheyenne and/or Commanches. One upgrade card is just for Cuirs and Hussars. I'm not sure about the other ones. Still, with native upgrade cards and Cheyenne Fury they roxor.