Shizle (Iroq) vs Macabee (Aztec)_Mongolia

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Shizle

Shizle (Iroq) vs Macabee (Aztec)_Mongolia

Post by Shizle »

Would appreciate some tips on this game I lost to Mac. I had way more villagers but kept getting beat by mace. I guess I never really expected him to make pretty much just mace or I would've made more kenya. But, I worry about making too many kenya because Aztec have such a hard counter to them. Looking back, should've made more.

I take the High Chief as second card, something I've been toying around with, guess it's not good to try out new things in a league game, but I kinda like this card...plan was to use the wolves to help block his coyotes from my Aenna. But, coyotes weren't a problem in this game.

He goes up while I mass...bad decision on my part to stay Age II. I really thought I was OK with my extra villies, but...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shizle on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Shizle (Iroq) vs Macabee (Aztec)_Mongolia

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

plan was to use the wolves to help block his coyotes from my Aenna
Not so sure that's a good idea. Coyotes counter wolves. They'd do okay against the Maces though - as wolves don't take double damage from the Maces.

Should a game be attached to this? I think you may have missed it off.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yup, i think sun_tzu1 is right, there's the rec in the attached files missing.
and lol about the wolves, they are trained more out of fun than to be effective :(

or do you think in the final match of the 500$ fan patch tourney when it would be iro vs aztec, someone would get the wolves?? never ever :P
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

You obviously underestimate Buck. He is brilliant as a meatshield and he took out opponent's cannons several times now :)

@Shizle: Don't send the card as second card. It's worth it when your opponent ages and you have to be aware of cannons. Or if you are fighting in Age2 and already sent the military shipments.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Hmmm, I posted the topic, but it didn't take so I reposted and looks like it didn't keep the file. Anyway, file attached.

I think you guys underestimate the wolves. I know it wasn't a great idea as a second card, but was trying it anyway, see what happens. For me, I won't get rid of the card because it's a must have. Don't forget that it increases the WC attack and hitpoints by 50%, including that crackshot (or whatever) attack that can damage a lot of maces. The WC gives 10% hitpoints aura too, so keeping him alive longer is a big help.

@Aaryn, no need for you to review, I've never really found your input to be terribly helpful.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

anyone who says that ''buck'' isn't worthwhile unit to have has obviously never played Iroquois before, that lil doggy has been a deciding factor in many a game played, for me and others alike ;)
- Dan
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

i like having the wolves, its convenient to be able to replace a portion of your army instantly, over and over and over.

aside from that, doesnt aenna beat mace :]?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

aenna have higher base dmg and hp, but i think mace have double the ROF...i think
- Dan
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

They have twice the ROF of skirms and xbow not lbow aenna etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

[quote=""Tatltael""]i like having the wolves, its convenient to be able to replace a portion of your army instantly, over and over and over.

aside from that, doesnt aenna beat mace :]?[/quote]

That's what I thought, so I had a large group of aenna, wolves for a temporary meatshield, and some toma's mixed in for the coyotes. Then, I put bunch of villies on firepit for attack damage...and still got spanked. I think his 10 WP firepit was better than mine, lol.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Shizle""]
@Aaryn, no need for you to review, I've never really found your input to be terribly helpful.[/quote]

well, that's what you think. i don't think that this(LINK)wasn't helpful :/
i can only give my two cents, not forcing you to do it
it's up to you what you do ;)

there's this saying: You can let a horse down to the water, but you can't make him drink.

besides, i never watched this rec, i just made a comment, while knowing what Sun_Tzu1 said
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

[quote=""Tubruk""]They have twice the ROF of skirms and xbow not lbow aenna etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote]

Hey Tubruk, if you want to compare two units side-by-side, go to this link:

http://gaminglegendz.com/aoe3/compare.php

It's pretty useful if you really want to know the differences between any number of units. Even shows villie seconds, etc. Pretty good resource.

Pretty sure doesn't do Fan Patch, but still...
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

mace have slighty faster train time but with 30 less hp, 4 less base damage, says ROF is same, but what about aennas set-up animation? i always thought the set-up time affected thier ranged attack speed, thus making them appear to fire slower then mace
- Dan
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Yeah, I'm not sure how that works...is it that they technically have the same ROF, but in reality, they're not quite as fast because of the setup time? Or do they just appear to be slower, but really have the same ROF?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

tubruk is right, maces are twice as fast as xbow.

you can see it in our clanmates cyclohexans guide ;) , the fanpatch didn't change any of thoes values, like train times or ROF of units

and i think(not know), one of them, either aenna or cetan, got this setup aniomation when they finished walking and start to attack, that makes them a bit less "mobile". i think that's what i've heard :?