Natives / Mercsenaries

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Natives / Mercsenaries

Post by Warlord678 »

My recent interest has been natives and mercenaries. I use the British quite frequently, and I have come to like the Longbow Men unit. Now, I know there are a few maps that you can become friends with the natives, which have a "bow type" unit. These natives allow you to upgrade your Longbow Men with 25% more Attack/Hit Points. I know of Carolina and Bayou. Is there any other maps that anyone knows of that has these native types.

Also, I'm looking for a Deck I can use to mix and match some natives into my army for that extra boost. If anyone has one that works fairly well, and can kind of coach me along on what cards to send in order would be great.

Anyone who can help me with this, I appreciate it.

Thanks, Warlord.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Natives / Mercsenaries

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

hey Warlord, check this post:
Minor Native Guide
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yup, the minor native guide from viper and perachrocks and soem other dude rocks.

for every civ, tehr are like just 3 to 4 natives which are worth it, and most of them only mid to lategame, rather cuz of the upgrades and not because of their units.

good combos is like sufi for french: with food/wood econ, you get cav(mahout), pikes(HI), and xbows(ri) :P
or german saloon in team games where you hire renegados, cuz of palatine settlements, their pop cost of 6 is like "nullified" if you got 5+ houses for 200pop

Cyclohexans' Guide contains a nice sumary of everything in the game, besides the natives and their techs
Warlord678
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Warlord678 »

Thanks for the info guys, helps alot! :-P