Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Huggy vs Marajian

Post by huGGy »

Yo,

this was my 3rd try with Sioux and i managed to grab a win vs the former pr36 Colonel. He played dutch and map was Great Plains. I went for an early harras with fast age up and sent 4 Axe Riders first. Therefore i grabbed all EP treasures i could get.

I tried to steal one hunt from him, which didn't work as well as i hoped. After i aged i placed a forwarded Warhut and went for a semi-FF which worked ok, but wasn't that smooth.

I hope you guys can give me some tipps (Tatl ftw :P). And if you can, please have a look at my Deck and tell me what i need and what not.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Huggy vs Marajian

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Go Huggy! ;)
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Nice job Huggy! I'll watch this weekend for sure.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rambo098 »

Nice work
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

oh hey, didnt notice this before. nice game to watch >;] good use of your map control + raids, noticed alot of little mistakes but they didnt accumulate to mean much. one thing that stuck out in my mind tho was sending the 3 dogsoldier in age 3 over 1000 food, if you had sent the 1000 food you could have used the town center bigbutton and won outright :P gg
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Tatltael""]oh hey, didnt notice this before. nice game to watch >;] good use of your map control + raids, noticed alot of little mistakes but they didnt accumulate to mean much. one thing that stuck out in my mind tho was sending the 3 dogsoldier in age 3 over 1000 food, if you had sent the 1000 food you could have used the town center bigbutton and won outright :P gg[/quote]

Tbh, i completely forgot about this possibity. What do you do when you want to pressure Iros or Russia with a fast age up? Do you send 3 Vills early on or keep this card for 4 AR and 10 Pistoleros? Or do you go for Bowriders vs Iros?

Are there any booming cards i should add and if yes: For what?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Some suggestions from a not really pro playing sioux :p

Perhaps you should get 5 rifle rider card in your deck, it would wipe the pike/hus better than the 9 wakinas. The rr are very expensive so sending them is much more worth it than making them from the corral.

Going into that first battle when the numbers are even wasn't a very good idea, don't forget that he has the tc to help and minutemen, wardance doesn't make much of a difference in this scenario. Still, considering he had no hunts, it was harder for him to replace the army.

That tip from Tatl is really cool, never thought off of it o_O

Well there aren't really many booming cards, but Mustangs for -10% cost on cav is a good help.

Nice map control and pressure/raids, the dutch was really screwed there. gg