Forget that topic about teaching me russian, i'll do spain.

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

hallchr

Forget that topic about teaching me russian, i'll do spain.

Post by hallchr »

Thanks to strokey and black and a few others tonight, I'm going to try to play Spain. Now like Sporting said, since i'm good with Portugal i'm good with everyone but I just don't really know how unction ties in with all their strategies. I can do that xbow/pike spam with some rods, ff but my game play is quite unorganized and like some civs and FFA games I don't quite have it down to a science yet so any help you could offer would be much appreciated.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Forget that topic about teaching me russian, i'll do spa

Post by deadhanddan »

nice, a fellow spainish player :!: best way to l2p spain or any other civ imo besides whatching recordings, is to vs. them in a mirror match, best way to figure out right counters and when to ship unction if needed, if you want 2morrow or sum other time i'd be happy to play ya in a few 1v1's
- Dan
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

my favorite way to play spain;

age with 16 vills, 500 food poli.

put 3 vills to food, 2 to gold, and rest to wood during transition
make market, and when you gather 50 gold, put 2 gold vills to wood as well.

upon aging gather 500 food send 700 wood, you should have 500 wood already gathered, make two forward rax! use the 700 wood to pump out xbow / pike. second card should be either 5 vills/ 600 wood depending on what you need at the moment. gg !
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

Unction really isnt for rush games.

The spain FF has a few flaws in that the economy is no really strong enough to support continuous lancer spam. And all spain military shipments have made their rushes and FF redundant as they have been nerfed.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

What Tatl said. If you wanna go cav and take some map control pick the outpost+200 coin politician.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Does anyone know if Spain is getting a boost in the FP? Making Spanish FF viable again would bring some new balance to the Euro civs. Nowadays, Spain gets pwned by a straight up musket rush. They don't have fast-age politician and no RI shipments to stop massed muskets... or even massed RI. They don't have a wood politician for insta-dual rax and housing. In the old days, they easily crushed musket rushes by FF'ing for 5+4 lancers and cannons. Now, they are really at a disadvantage if they get put under early pressure.

Im all for restoring 5+4 lancers (even 4+4 would be better) and maybe shaving some age-up time off the Scout or Sgt. at Arms politicians. With a viable FF option, I think a lot more people would play Spain.

I have played Spain in vanilla QS for a while and never lost a game! Granted, it was only about 9 games, but still it goes to show that they could do a lot more in the past than they can now. Spain v. Otto or Russia on a land map = insta-Spanish win in vanilla. Get a TP and the pwnage is even more crushing.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

I think in the new fp they should make vills gather 2x faster and lancers have 1000 health and 90 attack times 3 versus infantry. Have each shipment count for two and double each of them. That would probably get more people playing Spain.