Russia Strategies

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Russia Strategies

Post by blayzer13 »

Could anyone tell me what some strategies are that are used by russia against british, i know that russia has a strength over them and im just curious as to how

any kind of info, like times, amount of units, which units and so on would help a lot
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Russia Strategies

Post by Tubruk »

Well if he goes barracks go strelet Cossack and be aggressive the second i see a stable I go musket cossack and the fact that Russia late game beatts brit late game I'm no Russia expert but I don't think that would be far off the right answer hoped it helped
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i play brits, i was looking for a what russia does to u kind of thing
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i play brits, i was looking for a what russia does to u kind of thing
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

ohh sorry yeah, they can do a few things tbh, most popular would be strel/cossack, they will usually just swarm your base and try to keep vils off of resources and take ur Rax/stable down. its quite fast MrMilo made VOD, (its over @ agecommunity) if you want to look at the rush from their Point of view.

there's a suvorov semi-ff also that was used alot vs japan prepatch, so that might be used, pretty much get about 50 strelets, age to fort ship suvorov reforms and 2 falc card. havnt used or played against this strat though.

i reckon that musk hussar would be > longbow pike in this matchup tbh, go hussar 1st and raid, russia NEEDS food. and hussar + TC fire beats, the russians. + the tower helps vs Cossack :) russia crumble under cav :P
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Alright. Actually its not the easiest matchup for russia i think. Strelets do ok vs Longbows, so if you scout Strelets go Hussar. Actually the best way is to start with Hussars and add Longbows and some Pikes. Russia is better early game, but as soon as the rush fails (good building placements by the british player etc) it will be really tough. What works ok for Russia is to FF, build 3 TCs and start to boom like crazy, because like Tubruk said: Russia late game > Brits late game.

A no vill rush can work, too. But, like i said, it's really risky if the Brit knows how to turtle.
RussianNoobster
Private
Private

Post by RussianNoobster »

This is were u go 54 strelet / 2 bh ff :D
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

is there a time frame where russia usually hits ur base, like 6:45 or 7:40?
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

double post- edit
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Not really, depends on the map and treasures they got etc. If they age with 14 or 17 vills and all that stuff. But if they attack they will attack earlier than 7:40.

I think around the ~6:30 minute mark.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

do u know with how many units and of what, for either strategy
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

9/10 his only cav early game will be 9 cossacks from shipments, and then he'll mass strel/musk.

depends, he might just go cossack strel or musk cossack, thats what your explorer is for :) he has 500 Hp run him to their Fb if they have one and have a nosy. because tbh theres no point asking what units they will make as every player is different and prefer their own ratio of Hi/Ri/Cav in their army.

thats what iv learnt anyway: dont expect, scout. ;P

because you might get someone doing something out of the ordinary, like sportings Port rush. i bet that caught him right off guard, as he was expecting a turtle.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

is it safe to assume that their blockhouse will be up as they age? or within a few seconds due to the 400 wood poli?
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""blayzer13""]is it safe to assume that their blockhouse will be up as they age? or within a few seconds due to the 400 wood poli?[/quote]

before they reach colonial in most cases.
Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alanriah »

Russia is an EXTREMELY good fish boom civ, they can have like 50 vils at 8 min and you can spam blockhouses + army as well, just ask if u want a rec game of it.