Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

2 German Recs

Post by huGGy »

Here are 2 games i played today.

One was unrated vs Deadhanddan on Painted Desert, where i tried a fast TP rush with Navajos. Idea was to get Troops out without the problem of being housed. Not everything went perfect and Dan helped me by placing his 2nd TC (he played Ports) next to my TP, but i think this can be really powerful. Not many players will expect this when they face "das Volk".

Second game was a rated one vs Chotec (pr 27 captain who played Ports, too) on yucatan. So map was a little bit in his favor. I did something like Caesár did (not that smooth tho tbh). 3SW FF for Landsknecht and Cannons and Doppels. See 5 Mamelukes die like flies :P.

Enjoy and HF!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 2 German Recs

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i take it it is played on the FP, but it would be good if you'd add that :)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i take it it is played on the FP, but it would be good if you'd add that :)[/quote]

Sorry. Fan Patch of course.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Nah, from now on all the games are fp by default, you should only say something if it's old patch :)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Thanks for posting, Huggy. I will give close attention to the Port v. German one especially, since that is a matchup I struggle with, on water maps in particular.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yucatan:

Hehe that was well done. Some tips - have you ever used the 4 landsknecht card? :p It's a matter of preference, but I like to skip mercenaries in fortress age and bet on spamming cannons from art. foundry with the extra1000c and picking 7+8 uhlans, making the skirmishers from the rax. Well considering there was the mameluke menace, the lands and the doppels were a good choice still. The privateer was good to entertain him for a while too, but try to attack a bit earlier since I felt that you could have attacked him a bit earlier which wouldn't have given him time to ship mamelukes. gg, this port was trashed 8)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Painted Desert:

Ouch! Very nice strat, GG. Nice management of cards, I think next time Dan will opt for a turtle instead of an FF with a forward tc :p
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Thanks alot for this feedback. I never know about this 4 Landsknecht card. I rarely play it, but when i played it, it saved me a couple of times. The problem of uhlans is that they can't do much vs fishbooming ports. They neither can raid vills, nor can they siege a tc. That's why i prefer shipping mercs here.

You're right when you say it took a little bit to long. I was kinda surprised when i saw i hit Fortress in ~9 minutes, because i started to age at the beginning of the 7 minute mark. Is there a difference when you take the 6 skirm politician or the privateer poli? Nevertheless, building this barrack wasn't a good idea. I didn't use it early on. Should have invested the wood in an artillery foundry and start attacking with ~3 Falcs and 10 Landsknechts and 8 skirms.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yes uhlans don't do much vs the turtle, that's why the falcs are there ^^ Instead, covered by skirms, uhlans chew through everything he has, so if you're facing a non port player I think it'd be a good idea. Privateer poli and 6 skirm poli is the same. You might check if it is better or not, but at least with ports i find the 6 caçadores dispensable for a faster age up.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

oh man i watched that german vs port one (chotec)...
man that guy does not know what the word scouting is :P

you didn't have military until like transiiton to fort in 8min?? he had quite an army so he should have harrassed you

every politician is the same regarding the age up speed, excluding the fast age up ones of course.

if he would have gone even heavier on the sea, you could have timed your privateer from ageup with the 2 caravel shipment