Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Using the Iro

Post by Highlander999 »

Firstly, Merry Christmas :D

I want to give Iro a try. Now I have never ever used them. I know they have a very good rush, but tbh I don't know what strats/BO to do with them. What is generally the best tactic to use when playing as the Iro and are there any good recordings which show this?

Cheers

Tom
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Using the Iro

Post by emperoral »

Just look for Sporting games in the recorded section
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I posted an Iro mirror recently. This was the normal rush strat. Another option ist to age with the ressources or do a decent FF.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

yeah 15 vil age up usually, then you can do the toma BB rush which is quite good, or you can age with the wise woman for resources for market upgrades which is usually a good option, but there are loads of options in the start with Iro, House Market, House Trade Post, House and Save Travois For Corral, all depends on what crates you get tbh 300 wood start i nearly always go for a Trade post, to get the 4 kanya/and 5+4 vil cards.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

MrMilo also did an "Iroquois OPtion" guide at agecomm that had a lot of good stuff, including a VOD.

Imo, the toma rush/colonial warfare is their strongest option against most civs, their late game eco is :(
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Another thing you don't want to do is spam pure tomahawks. Try to mix your tomahawks and aennas, or alternatively tomahawk and kanya combo is very nice. Keep your opponent guessing.
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Thanks for the replies. I know that I will spend my night waiting for Santa, watching Iro recordings :p
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

a nice way to start off a rush, if ya can muster 250 for the tp definitely grab it, as youll get your military cards taht much faster. if you cant come up with 250 wood, np, that just means youll be able to afford a second longhut earlier on, and that will free your vills off of wood and onto food, for that 500 fd big button ;D make sure to keep an eye on your travois as its making its way across the map to plant itself as a warhut. put the drop off point onto the warhut, send 6+5 toma or 4kenya+5 toma, spam aenna, harass like crazy - etc etc :D

what an ugly paragraph - if for some reason your rush fails, no problem, just send the 5+4 vill cards, get up a market + corral, and spam those toma/ kenya !! alternatively if you feel like you need to keep on the pressure, send the military card upgrades and keep thrashing away at your opponents eco. gg !

..sporting is the guy to ask about this though, i might be alittle off :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Hehe yeah that's the idea ^^
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

FF for prowlers :p
nobody expects it anymore
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

hey its the guyfrom CHINAAA how is it ?!!?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

don't tell me i'm the only one left who plays out the town destroyer & high chief card to max lameness :o buck is underrated by most atm imho
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]don't tell me i'm the only one left who plays out the town destroyer & high chief card to max lameness :o buck is underrated by most atm imho[/quote]

town destroyer seems not worth it. more army is always better than that stuff.
cmon man, buck is just a little addition to your army, who can distract ri.

you just lose one card to rather not so good bonuses :o
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""deadhanddan""]don't tell me i'm the only one left who plays out the town destroyer & high chief card to max lameness :o buck is underrated by most atm imho[/quote]

town destroyer seems not worth it. more army is always better than that stuff.
cmon man, buck is just a little addition to your army, who can distract ri.

you just lose one card to rather not so good bonuses :o[/quote] basically saying having an age 2 1900 hp ''resurectable'' tank (with pit on chief) that does 242 siege damage and can summon minions and do area damage losing a card? on treasure rich maps it's always worthwhile to send high chief and always nice to send town destroyer after unit shipments, who wouldn't like having an op unit such as a chief giving off aura and ripping rax and stable apart, try it out before you dismiss it
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes, on yukon for example, of course it is wise to send pets or upgrade your explorer, iwas bashing the town destroyer card more ;) my bad