Tubruk (iro Pr 17) V Simbad_Saber (French Pr 26)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Tubruk (iro Pr 17) V Simbad_Saber (French Pr 26)

Post by Tubruk »

A Game i had against a french captain, i went for a 5 kanya early raid and sat back while booming (which i might of overdone :oops: but im noob so ok) and then went toma/aenna and he went for a xbow/pike combo.

The game is on ES patch Not the Fan Patch, it will OOS when the main fight begins if you have the fan patch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tubruk on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: Tubruk (iro Pr 17) V Simbad_Saber (French Pr 26)

Post by Tatltael »

hey, nice =)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Nice going buddy! I'll check this one out ASAP, I can't wait to see what an Iro overboom looks like. I didn't think it existed... :-P
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""cleeduz""]Nice going buddy! I'll check this one out ASAP, I can't wait to see what an Iro overboom looks like. I didn't think it existed... :-P[/quote]

involves excess wood and water :P hope i didnt give too much away ohh and i caught him trying to get on water ;)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I watched it, well most of it. I kept getting an out-of-sync error right when he attacks your fb. :( I'm guessing you came out of it OK. :D

Your start was an interesting one for Iros, one I should play more, I know I am to aggressive too early, I need to settle down and get in a rhytm, I guess.

OP raiding at the beginning also, your playing Sioux lately is paying off with your other civs. :D

Nice water boom, another thing I need to pay more attention too. ::/

GJ buddy!
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Ah cool you played Simbad. He's a long time member of my friendslist. Played him couple of times. He's good with french. GG!
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""cleeduz""]I watched it, well most of it. I kept getting an out-of-sync error right when he attacks your fb. :( I'm guessing you came out of it OK. :D

Your start was an interesting one for Iros, one I should play more, I know I am to aggressive too early, I need to settle down and get in a rhytm, I guess.

OP raiding at the beginning also, your playing Sioux lately is paying off with your other civs. :D

Nice water boom, another thing I need to pay more attention too. ::/

GJ buddy![/quote]

yeah i think it was rec'd on the ES patch that might be why it goes OOS, and somehow i lost at the end lmao :oops:

i sort of played similar to MrMilo in his Vod Vs Dutch but i played far too non-aggresively tbh and i should of went aenna/kanya instead of aenna/tomma
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'll check it out, too. Xbow/pike is quite effective against the Iros. In my experience, I see Kanyas first; that's why I start with pikes. Later I mass xbows and hope there won't be too many aennas.

Is it difficult to keep up the spam with the Iros? I know it's a simple wood/food econ, but you need lots of food, which must make it hard to keep the vils coming. Aennas are 100 food each! That isn't too much by itself for a military unit, but when your tomas cost 75 food and your vils also demand 100 food, you must need a ton of food coming in. And if you want cav, there's another 100 food per horse.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Xbow/pike is quite effective against the Iros. In my experience, I see Kanyas first; that's why I start with pikes. Later I mass xbows and hope there won't be too many aennas.

thats some handy info right there :P shame our league games been :(
iv gotten back into the swing of things.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I'll check it out, too. Xbow/pike is quite effective against the Iros. In my experience, I see Kanyas first; that's why I start with pikes. Later I mass xbows and hope there won't be too many aennas.

Is it difficult to keep up the spam with the Iros? I know it's a simple wood/food econ, but you need lots of food, which must make it hard to keep the vils coming. Aennas are 100 food each! That isn't too much by itself for a military unit, but when your tomas cost 75 food and your vils also demand 100 food, you must need a ton of food coming in. And if you want cav, there's another 100 food per horse.[/quote]

tbh ive really just started playing them, and i dont find it hard to keep up vil/military production, the early market helps,but i didnt use it in this game i dont think :S
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I'll check it out, too. Xbow/pike is quite effective against the Iros. In my experience, I see Kanyas first; that's why I start with pikes. Later I mass xbows and hope there won't be too many aennas.

Is it difficult to keep up the spam with the Iros? I know it's a simple wood/food econ, but you need lots of food, which must make it hard to keep the vils coming. Aennas are 100 food each! That isn't too much by itself for a military unit, but when your tomas cost 75 food and your vils also demand 100 food, you must need a ton of food coming in. And if you want cav, there's another 100 food per horse.[/quote]

tbh ive really just started playing them, and i dont find it hard to keep up vil/military production, the early market helps,but i didnt use it in this game i dont think :S
Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alanriah »

Dang, went OOS when he was attacking your 3 warhuts :(
Ill redownload.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The reason it is going OOS could be because the game is played on a different patch than the one you have.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""36drew""]The reason it is going OOS could be because the game is played on a different patch than the one you have.[/quote]

yeah il add it into rec description now
Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alanriah »

ahh k thanks, will watch now