China in Treaty

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

China in Treaty

Post by KingVint »

I was in a treaty game against a Brit and he spammed pure Musket and Hussar. I tried Pikes and Chukuno yet they were getting destroyed. Next was a mix of Iron Troop and Doppels yet that was wiped out as well.

Any suggestions on what unit combination to try against this? I assume I should of gone British at the consulate and tried Muskets and Falcs to support my Old Han Army.

My last ditch effort should of been to pump out a large amount of Doppels along with the Standard Army. The Steppe Riders could of been used to breach the opponent walls and get him to focus back on his base.

All comments are appreciated,
~Vint
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: China in Treaty

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

is it TR 40?
I never played treaty, but at some point I came up with a cool idea for long treaty games as china: make a huge army of minute men, really, if it's TR40, you should be able to get a few hundreds

i guess it takes 20-25 min to get full eco/age V, max out your pop cap then start making minute men from villages (+ the card so they don't loose HP) delete villages, rebuild, get new MM, repeat... = massive army
your first push should be final 100 imperial hand mortars + 200 MM should be fun ;)

sry if this is of no use as I'm no TR player
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Chu Ko Nu w/old han reforms backed by 2 factories, 120 vil pop, and consulate > anything brit can throw at you. Go through the russian consulate to get the factory and the fort, then germans for the trickle cards, then brits or french depending on your fancy.

Don't forget about the auto-heal wonder...

Old Han army + hand mortars = gg generally speaking.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

I miss the days when I played 40 min treaties. Though I could never find the time. Anyway in 40 min treaty China is one of the hardest civs to play as only civ that could be worse is the Souix in a 1v1 since they can't get any walls.
Anyway with China in a 40 min treaty the old han army does not cut it. The chu ko no's and pike are not strong enough. They have a batch that gives the Alabaster guys(thier version of skirms) and some changdao swordsmen. Make those guys back em up with some flamethrowers and mortars(mortars take 1 pop and can fire at units not just buildings for china 8O ). Only thing is watch out for enemy calv I would suggest keeping monk and deciples out of range but near artillery to stop a large calv charge

KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Soccerman: I had the factory, porcelain tower, trickle cards, and 119 vills. My eco was well above his and it wasn't due to resources that I had to leave (23k F, 5k W, and 60k Gold). My units were just getting destroyed before I could replenish them, as a result he just kept pushing through my walls and forward bases until he broke into my main one. I assume the problem lies in my micro and the fact that I can't make only pikemen when they get killed.

GeneralMichael: I had the old Han army fully upgraded so it was better than the Chandango and Arq. As for the monk and disciples, i never found them to be quite effective in late game, but it is most likely due to incorrect use. I will give it a try again.

Thanks all,
~Vint
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

for tr 40, i would go with russia first at consulate, max out vills, then switch to germany only for the trickles, then switch back to russia for the brigade shipment of kalmuchs and culverins, since china's keshiks totally are worthless until you ship both mongolian scourge and manchu reform card( i think thats what its called ) make batches of ming army, but keep black flag army as your main anti-infantry force ( don't forget to ship atonement for monastary troops since manchu mercs and russian brigade shipments are really only way to get ahold of decent dragoons, just spam some keshik to back up those expensive mercs ) also if your facing mass ranged infantry best bet is to make lots of flails and meteor hammers, steppe riders are only worthwhile for raiding
- Dan
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

Old han with all upgrades should beat that combo (did you have old han reforms and that card that give cho ku nu x3 vs hi?) the eco of chinees >british. Some flametrowers could also do some serious damage.
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
RussianNoobster
Private
Private

Post by RussianNoobster »

120 vills + livestock boom with chian is OP. :P anyways just go pike xbow and micro... That may be ur issue because TR players cant generally micro that well.