A request for game watchers

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

A request for game watchers

Post by 36drew »

I know I have done this before LOTS, but it drives me a little crazy sometime. Sometimes I will go into a thread and see that a game has been downloaded 12 times, but only 1 person has actually commented.

I think it would be really useful if you could say one positive thing, and one piece of feedback for every game you watch.

I have often been guilty of not providing feedback even though I watch about half of the games that get posted on this website.

I think it would would raise the caliber of skill in the clan (though that's not what it's about). If you take 20 minutes to watch a game, why not take the 60 seconds it takes to add a bit of feedback? I will start doing it now as well. I dunno about you guys, but I love when I get posted feedback good and bad.

(PS, don't start four paragraphs in a row with 'I' either). :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: A request for game watchers

Post by Soccerman771 »

Those are paragraphs?

My 'problem' is that I usually download about 6-10 games and watch them all at once. Then I hardly remember that which games are which and cannot remember to comment on which games. I also think that many people are downloading games to see what strats people are using in the clan league to try to counter them.

However, this is a very good idea and would help all players.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I try to watch as many as possible and comment when I saw some obvious things, but I think the poster should ask for reviews.
I had the impression sometimes that reviews were not really wanted, so I give priority to those who ask.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I love watching rec games. Very valuable help as well as fun.

I always make sure I leave a comment of some kind, even if it's just to say GG if others have covered notes.

I will be sure to leave comments on all games I watch in the future and offer my opinions also.

I have just started 4 paragraphs with "I". ;)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I watch a lot of recs, and learn a lot from each of them, I usually don't comment on them, because I'm a newb and try to learn as much as possible.

I will start to comment more and ask more questions about things I don't fully understand.

I think all posted recs are very valuable, even if the amount of comments are minimal.

I don't quite get the "I" thingie, but it is kind of fun. :-P
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]I will start to comment more and ask more questions about things I don't fully understand.[/quote]

That's a big part of getting better at this game. It really helped me to ask questions.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th