How to bash a Indian Brigadier on Land map with Ports

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

How to bash a Indian Brigadier on Land map with Ports

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Title says all. CM turtle FI to heavy cannon spam > all. I failed to repeat the thing vs this guy on water tho, which is curious. Ports underrated FTW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: How to bash a Indian Brigadier on Land map with Ports

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

nice game even tho your starting TC was placed badly (so far from berry bushes :( ) It shows they have no clue how to beat it
cards you might considder adding for age IV:
- 3 horse artillery
- 8 dragoons (you really need goons)
- 5 organ guns (worth 2k resources!)
- 2 explorers <-- crack-shot pwnage ftw :D

you don't really need the inf combat card and some colonial cards seem useless as well (you'll never be long enough in II anyways)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I don't add them because by checking my deck it can expose my idea too much and because when heavy cannons are rolling it's GG :p Elmetis often do the trick too, it's just an all around deck. Thanks for the tips ^^ I'll add the 8 goon card.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Don't be meany nor shy, 17 people download the game and nearly no one comments my cute ports?
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I watched it last night. GG :D

I don't know much about Ports, but I always thought age up TC's were solely for cranking out additional vills and outbooming your opponent while turtleing. That's probably why I have gotten frustrated with them, the few times I've tried to play Ports.

I guess I was wrong, the TCs made great defenses (no need for walls) and the timing and use of CM was great. This definitely changes my opinion and way I will go about playing as and against "The Mighty Portugal" :D
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Sporting, you made it look so easy. Against a Brig no less. That was a fun game to watch. Holy seemed like he had very little options and didn't quite know how to crack that 3-TC nut. I wondered why he didn't try to take down the TC on the right earlier. Perhaps he learned and changed his tactics on your second game.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Sporting, you made it look so easy. Against a Brig no less. That was a fun game to watch. Holy seemed like he had very little options and didn't quite know how to crack that 3-TC nut. I wondered why he didn't try to take down the TC on the right earlier. Perhaps he learned and changed his tactics on your second game.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

that guy played like a corporal...

you didn't have army till like 11mins or so, he could have easily gone to fortress and spam siege eles, instead of losing his few infantry to CM tc fire...

hilarious.. but i like the otto FI way better =)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

On the second game not only did he learn the lesson but also the FI isn't a good idea on water map because it's slower ^^

Aaryn his first idea was to rush me, he only went fortress because he figured (too late) that he wouldn't be able to break through. And he spammed mahouts but they didn't last long :p
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]On the second game not only did he learn the lesson but also the FI isn't a good idea on water map because it's slower ^^

Aaryn his first idea was to rush me, he only went fortress because he figured (too late) that he wouldn't be able to break through. And he spammed mahouts but they didn't last long :p[/quote]

yeah but still, he must of seen the CM card. but still instead of keeping his sepoys and harrassing soft targets, he went straight for your TC. i think thats what aaryn meant, correct me if im wrong.

But VGG sporting, im thinking of taking up the ports again tbh after watching yours and american caesers recs, and playing an unrated with caeser.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes, that's what i meant tubruk . if i see someone turtling that hrad, i hold back and go fortress, no reason why i shall lose my units to that.

i know that he wanted to rush, even though he had starting gold, but after i saw that 135 attack i would abandon that rush..
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I agree then :p
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I promised to write something, but i don't know what instead of: GG WP!

Key on water maps with Ports is to fight in Age3 for a while i think. You'll have the eco to pressure and then, if the game goes on, age to 4.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Gonna watch for sure since it took me 47:00 minutes with an uncontested sea boom on honshu to beat an India player as ports (and even then it was SUPER hard).
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

GG wp. He really didn't do much sending in groups of 5 units or so early on. Bad play IMO, until the end where you blasted him away, his biggest military attack was 19 units, and this was at something like 14 mins!
Still, not to take anything away from your play here, you worked it well moving vills for maximum TC Fire damage, and using CM at the right times. The CM card is great here, the extra damage did wonders for you!

GG :)