Small things can make Huge differences

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Small things can make Huge differences

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Just played an Aztec Mirror against a Major.

Both of us used our WPs to treasure collect. He played 3 Settlers and I played High Priest of Ixtlilton (WP upgrade). I aged with the Messenger and he aged with the 2 SK ageup.

I spotted him building a forward WH with 3 of his settlers. I went straight on it with my WP and (upgraded) WC and started to ship 6 Puma - wanting to take it down ASAP. Our WCs battled it out. Then his 2 SK arrived. He started winning the WC battle (with his SKs) but I had 450 food so I BBed my TCs Jag Prowlers. The Jag Prowlers took the SK (they're particularly good against HI) and then my Puma started eating into his WH. Was on the brink of taking his WH down when out popped his 10 Mace shipment. Gutted. Game Over. A second or two made the difference between sending him back to his base and gg.

The thing I learnt here is that slight improvements to your gameplay can sometimes make a huge difference in game. So keep trying to improve, and do things more efficently, no matter how small it may seem.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Small things can make Huge differences

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You're correct. Details often make games change the tide. I still remember when I made attack move with my tomas vs Drew and they decided to attack the closest 8 blowgunners in araucania. High Priest card sucks tho, if you want to collect more treasures use the 4 jaguars card that you can later use to hunt down his WC and gain free 200 xp.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

yeah, it's those vital seconds that count, i mean so many times either our units just dont come out in time and we lose or vise versa, speed is key!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Wow, that sounds like a nail-biter, Sun. You are absolutely right that even a single second can make a difference in this game.

I think my heart would have been beating out of my chest in the circumstances you described.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)