Post by GreenDude »

This recording features:
[align=center]IndyBrit- British
GreenDude - Ottomans
vs
SevereBeating - Russians
Macabee - Aztecs

Winner: IndyBrit/GreenDude[/align]

GreenDude (me) did a Abus rush (not as good as usual) and IndyBrit did a Musket Rush, which worked effectively against the Strelet/Coyote rush by SevereBeating and Macabee. Ottomans should use Abus more often for 2v2 games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: 2v2- Abus/Musket Rush

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Oh dear, abus/musket. Yes, I admit I have lamed this many a time in the last few months (just ask BenS64). Truth be told, it is a formidable combo as long as your abus don't get caught unguarded when they first pop out (chances are you'll age 30 seconds before your British neighbor). You might have trouble against the Russians, too, because the strels kill muskets, and a good Russian spammer can crank out strels quicker than your abus can kill them. And never use this combo if you expect to see lots of early archers. Still, once you get about 15 abus, all will crumble before you, including cav.

My recommendation: Begin your attack with 10 muskets and 5-10 abus. You'll be fine. Just stay close to each other.

Abus lamage FTMW (for the MUSLIM win) !! :mrgreen:

BTW - If anyone ever needs a PR boost, call me... I can do the musket or abus prong of this strat... which wins about 85% of the time. That said, I still feel embarrassed about, because I have an aversion to lamage. But when lamage is called for, this is it!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

^Likewise, and theres nothing better than the UBER India, German, Otto combo with Sepoys, Abus and Uhlans! purely unstoppable!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""djdan""]^Likewise, and theres nothing better than the UBER India, German, Otto combo with Sepoys, Abus and Uhlans! purely unstoppable![/quote]

Ha ha ! Yes, that's true. Substitute zamburaks for sepoys and you can be even more mischievous. Still, it's nice to have musket-type units for both anticav and solid siege to crush through FB's and such.

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Oh dear, abus/musket. Yes, I admit I have lamed this many a time in the last few months (just ask BenS64). Truth be told, it is a formidable combo as long as your abus don't get caught unguarded when they first pop out (chances are you'll age 30 seconds before your British neighbor). You might have trouble against the Russians, too, because the strels kill muskets, and a good Russian spammer can crank out strels quicker than your abus can kill them. And never use this combo if you expect to see lots of early archers. Still, once you get about 15 abus, all will crumble before you, including cav.

My recommendation: Begin your attack with 10 muskets and 5-10 abus. You'll be fine. Just stay close to each other.

BTW - If anyone ever needs a PR boost, call me... I can do the musket or abus prong of this strat... which wins about 85% of the time. That said, I still feel embarrassed about, because I have an aversion to lamage. But when lamage is called for, this is it![/quote]

I'd like to try this with you running the Abus sometime. You can be embarrassed if you want, I'll be the comfortable lamer for both of us. :D
GreenDude
Captain
Captain

Post by GreenDude »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]You might have trouble against the Russians, too, because the strels kill muskets, and a good Russian spammer can crank out strels quicker than your abus can kill them. And never use this combo if you expect to see lots of early archers. Still, once you get about 15 abus, all will crumble before you, including cav.
[/quote]

It worked against SevereBeating's Strelets. And yes, it is a lame strat, but it works ;) .
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Try abus/bow way more OP
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""IndyBrit""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Oh dear, abus/musket. Yes, I admit I have lamed this many a time in the last few months (just ask BenS64). Truth be told, it is a formidable combo as long as your abus don't get caught unguarded when they first pop out (chances are you'll age 30 seconds before your British neighbor). You might have trouble against the Russians, too, because the strels kill muskets, and a good Russian spammer can crank out strels quicker than your abus can kill them. And never use this combo if you expect to see lots of early archers. Still, once you get about 15 abus, all will crumble before you, including cav.

BTW - If anyone ever needs a PR boost, call me... I can do the musket or abus prong of this strat... which wins about 85% of the time. That said, I still feel embarrassed about, because I have an aversion to lamage. But when lamage is called for, this is it![/quote]

I'd like to try this with you running the Abus sometime. You can be embarrassed if you want, I'll be the comfortable lamer for both of us. :D[/quote]

Sounds good, Indy. You have a knack for dual rax musket spamming, so I think we'll put that to maximum use as I pump out 5 abus at a time (Taunt 21). We can only do this against non-clan-members, since I swore an oath to Lazy, Holly and Chris (all highly respected officers) that I would not lame abus in clan games more than one (1) time per seven (7)-day week 8)

BTW - Lazy, if you ever get tired of seeing 1st Lt next to your name, feel free to adopt this strat with your Brits if you enjoy shameless dual rax musket spamming :twisted: I would be glad to build a mosque, get millet system, put 7 Otto vils on gold, new vils on gold, rest on food, age with Qmaster, build arty foundry forward, set my foundry on a control group, spam abus with a rally point on your muskets and march on any poor sap's base :twisted: If it goes longer than 12 minutes, I will ship in some wood, build two TPs and send all abus upgrades so they do 72 damage per shot to heavy infantry in colonial.

My motto: Lamerism for maximum PR---whatever the cost in dignity :-P (jk).

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ :P

out