Arrgh! Bloody Japs again!

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Arrgh! Bloody Japs again!

Post by ruminator »

Here's my main problem. I got the same Jap player twice - he's okay but not great, but he pwned my Iroquois twice!!

Anyone fancy a look and let me know what to do ...

First game I was a bit rusty and lost some hunt time as first hunt ran out and then my micro in the battle was poor, so prob deserved to lose.

Second time I tried to keep troops alive and harrass his villies while booming a bit more. Not great, as I let troops get caught once he realised what I was doing. He attacked twice, once as I aged to 3 and second as I hit age 4 and I lost too many troops too soon and my musket riders lost the nags and died. If i'd have walled the cannon might have saved me, while I rebuilt my army on my econ boost from the 10 villagers.

I think I need help on the first 6-7 minutes at first.

Thanks ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Arrgh! Bloody Japs again!

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

game 1:
a few things went wrong early game
- first villy should be out sub 10 sec
- dont shoot your hunt away
- dont build TP with a vill !!!
- converting that treasure guardian where there were 6 more outlaws defending it almost killed your WC! (28 hp left...) <== not worth it, your WC is needed for his aura
- not making vills :(
- aged up with 13 instead of 15/16

age II
- placed your Warhut closer to the enemy base (save walking time)
- make vills...

all this adds up quickly and makes it impossible to pressure japanese defense sub 10 minute, after 10 min, the japanese are unstopable
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle