Aztec Combos

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Aztec Combos

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Chaos don't forget that wardance comes into play too.[/quote]

it will help a bit, but not much, you still need 14 i think
it's the 75% RR from artillery that makes it hard to kill

compared with abus (siege damge), the dif is huge.
maybe they need siege damage too?

anyways, the unit aint bad overall, but still don't like the 2 pop
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

it will help a bit, but not much, you still need 14 i think
Just let me comment on the idea of a "1 shot" with a unit with 1.5 ROF.

Assuming the "14" is right...

If you have 2 artillery pieces to kill, and you're firing at them with 16 AK as a "unit", they're only going to kill the falcs as quickly as if you were firing at them with 8 AK as a "unit".

This is because, 1.5 ROF units only fire at that rate while they're firing on a live target. In a sense, they're doing a main shot (as 3.0 ROF units), and then sneaking in a second shot. However, if they kill the unit they loose that second shot.

So, our 16 AK will fire on one falc and kill it. Our 8 AK will fire on their falc and take down half of its hp. Then, the 16 AK loose their second shot while the 8 AK are taking their damaged falc down. Then, the 16 AK and the 8 AK will fire at their second falcs at the same time.

I think that's how it works. Anyone want to comment?

Therefore, really, firing 16 AK on a single falc for a 1 shot death is overkill anyway.

Also, and I think this may be a more important point. Because a falc has a much slower rate of fire, AK are going to get in a number of shots before the falc fires again. So there's not much to be gained by trying to single shot it, and a lower number of AK will do. Although, this needs to take into account that you might need enough AK to kill two falcs before either of them gets a second shot.

Having said that, yes, in my experience it often takes AKs quite a while to take down artillery. Longer than I'd like anyway. However, they're quite resilient to being taken down by artillery.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I dont think its entirely correct what you describe about losing the second shot, it will be slower, but still at 2.0 or something

remember with the ROF, the falcs don't have to wait 4 sec to fire the first round, and could already kill some units, the LOS difference is only 2, and range diff is 4, is real battle, this is not so easy to take advantage off

their low HP make em vulnerable to arty (their are infantry tagged, so falcs get x3)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle