Re: RTSL vs VIE

Post by blayzer13 »

in the chat room we out numbered them like 3 to 1 lol
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Guys we should all watch these games and try our best to learn from what the ViE players did, we could do much worse than try to copy what these guys do, as they are very good players.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Thanks to all who turned up to support the game. It shows a real commitment by the clan and looks good for us!

I must say, the game I played in I played rpetty bad. I think perhaps I should have played Japan as I havn't really played Brits properly since pre-TAD. I made a total mess of my standard build and as a result had a weak eoc, and a weak military production early on.

We realy must try and get some guys together for some RTS (team) practice sessions. We have had quite a few in-clan 3v3's recently, so it shows we have plenty of players on at the same time. Perhaps we could use these times for trying out strats.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Agreed in regards to practicing, we definitely need to do that more.

While I didn't expect us to beat ViE, we should be able to give at least a couple clans a run for their money, especially if we practice a lot.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

practicing is what is gonna b key, with enough practice we can beat ne1...even vie, all we had to do was out practice them
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

oh man i feel like a bad clan member for not turning up or anything, but its because i didn't know about it becuase of exams taking up my whole time recently!! I'm not too sure where to say that i can play, could someone message me letting me know where to sign up??
is there a rec of the game at all?
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

While I didn't expect us to beat ViE, we should be able to give at least a couple clans a run for their money, especially if we practice a lot.
Exactly. Many of the RTSL clans play as teams often and/or practice as a team. They have their strats planned well before a game starts.
I must say, the game I played in I played rpetty bad. I think perhaps I should have played Japan as I havn't really played Brits properly since pre-TAD.
I have to say, you're tougher with Japan than you are with Brits. In 1v1 that makes sense but I don't know how that plays out in team games.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]I watched both, maybe I'm missing something but I thought the second game was much, much better. Not just because it was a longer game but because you guys were very aggressive with the forward and the map choice helped a bit too.[/quote]

As I said earlier, I don't want to sound like too much of a critic so just tell me to shut up if I'm making anyone angry. :)

The aggression in game 2 served no purpose. 3v2 and nothing was accomplished. Then the Chinese player hit fortress and it was just a matter of time.

- rush failed 3v2
- we gave up the water
- the other team had a player in age 3

At no point was this game close other than Plop's early aggression which was quickly halted and once the attack failed on the Brit the game was lost even though it lasted for quite some time after that point.
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]
Strokey, plop, Coma and CHAOS, thanks so much for showing up and making sure the games were played. Good efforts guys!

[/quote]

I believe it was a given that this would be a difficult matchup. I agree with CrAz3n. GOOD EFFORT GUYS!!!
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Not a problem Bob. I just don't see it the same way. I'll watch both again and see if I can see what you're talking about.

I saw the first game as a complete route. They lost their forward army and buildings very quickly. They never touched a vill from what I remember. Then ViE was in CHAOS's base relatively fast.

In the second game they hit them at home, although uneffective just like in game 1, I just loved the aggression.

True, ViE totally owned the water in game 2 and once the chinese player had cannons massed, it was all over. There was really nothing they could do about them at that point. Strokey's falcs came out at the worst possible time with a load of Hussars right there. They (ViE) hesitated at the river crossing and walled the other to protect from raids from their flank. Strokey was going to raid them there with hussars but I think China's cannons made him think twice. They had water so they knew time was on their side.

Maybe I should say it this way. To me the second game was much more entertaining than the first. You know more about the game Bob, which is why I said that maybe I was missing something. I was being literal.

Nothing you said made me angry. It just makes me want to watch them again.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

I agree Craz. From an entertainment perspective the second game was more fun to watch.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the first game was winnable although it obviously didn't play out that way. The second game was never winnable IMO.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Yeah, I think to me a game that's fun to watch is the better game. Forgetting strategy or even taking into consideration if it's win-able or not. I'll try to watch while taking those things into consideration.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

The other thing I should add is that I'm critiquing the game from ViE's perspective. The Chinese player did not have a good first game and that could have cost them. In game 2 they had a very well planned team strategy and executed it very well.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Especially in the second game the ViE players boomed amazingly fast and strong. Two of their players were in Industrial with very strong economies by 20 minutes.

All of our prospective team players should really watch those games a few times to get an idea of what to do - those guys are really good.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

They are one of the stronger teams in our division I think, but we should expect the same standard form all of the teams.