Craz vs Mac

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Craz vs Mac

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

OK, in my defence (or not) I haven't played Ports in forever, should have gone Hussars in fortress, forgot what the period (.) key was for, made dragoons and forgot I can't change stance blah blah blah.

This is posted more for comical effect than anything.

Mac smoked me. GG Mac

Enjoy my nubness.

Port vs Aztec
New England
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Craz vs Mac

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

your back playing! will watch :D

---
was a good watch!
I love the smell of replays in the morning. 8)

don't forget to use that portugese spyglass thingy
cav is good vs aztecs
nice strat by mac - our hardcore aztec player.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]nice strat by mac - our hardcore aztec player.[/quote]

Hardcore is kinda UNDER-stating it, isn't it?

Glad 2 see Craz back playing.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Will watch and give some tips ;)
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

wow craz make sure u get the dust off the cd b4 u play next time =D
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""blayzer13""]wow craz make sure u get the dust off the cd b4 u play next time =D[/quote]

lol no dust, rust. I've played 2 games in the last 6-8 months.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

You didn't get beat as bad as you make it sound. Was a gg and fun 2 watch.

You lost for 3 reasons IMO.

You called CM when you didn't need 2
Idle vils
Not aggressive enough. When you have the military advantage - push

Very glad to c u playing.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I see you're rusty. This will be a long list (well in the end it didn't get that long, so thumbs up for you), but the intention is to give tips not to trash down your gameplay :p

1. Get first vill queued and build first house asap for two reasons: lets you have your first shipment faster and doesn't make you lose tc time due to lack of pop space.

2. Water deck is all about Schooners - 60% cheaper fishing boats. No Schooners, no sea boom. Remove 300w and 300c cards, you won't need them.

3. As teh mighty portuguese people you always, always, age up with 12 vills. Maybe in some crate maps 10 or 11 vills. But overall 12 vills. Reason behind: it gives you time to set up that naughty tc that some time ago you might have had nightmares where 8 pikemen, 7 clubs or 6 tomas appeared and killed the tc when it was building. Another reason: ports start with few crates and many vills, which means that you don't need to make that many vills in discovery since you can make them later when you get more tcs.

4. Hm after all you picked a land deck, which means maybe you realized your sea deck wasn't that good. Thumbs up for picking colonial militia as first card, but you gotta exploit the tc placement a bit more. In this map you got a cute map screw where you have no hunts nor mines ahead of your tc but you could still place your tc in front of your berry bushes in order to protect your vills in a siege that doesn't let you have freedom for making use of hunts.

5. Minutemen lose hp with time. Yet, they got a huge attack. Conclusion: get em out in extreme, hence extreme, situations where you need a lil help. Don't send them just because enemy troops are around, because when they finally go into battle they'll have 1 hp and they'll die like flies.

6. When you're aging with one tc use the other one to get vills.

7. 10 xbow card sucks, ship 2 organ guns, cover them with your musks, and bring him down :p

8. Nice hit n run on coyos and skulls.

9. Dont make mills when you have hunts around. Mills gather at 0.66 by vill while hunts gather at 0.81 per sec and you don't have to waste wood.

10. Where's port's fortress age triumph? Those egiptian crazy guys are all the cav a port player needs so get them on your deck next time you remember. 5 mamelucks with 1450 hp 30% ranged resistance and RI deals 0,75% damage vs them? Hot.

11. As there were no mames and Mac was spamming arrow knights and maces getting hussars was mandatory here. And dragoon combat card now upgrades hussars too by 15% hp and atk so it's even better. Musk/hus/og combo is nice (ofc musk/mame/og is even nicer).

gg. You lasted 30 mins against aztec as ports, which are a hard civ to get used to, so that's good. The things I pointed are easy to correct so I believe you can get better quickly ;)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

^^Mamelukes even have 40% rr, true tanks, a must for any civ that has this card.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Thanks guys. The one thing was getting hussars. I really needed them.

Last night Mac and I had 2 more games. 1st one I was beaten badly as British then I played Germans. He beat me but he had 15 vills left to my 10. It was so close and I was a lot more aggressive. That early az rush is soooo tough though.

I'll remember to age with 12, take better care of my eco (idles) and I'll reread these tips. I am very rusty.

Thanks again!