Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Kaiser on 2v2s

Post by rufio_eht »

Wonderfully written Kaiser.

Only addition I would make as the most OP combo in age 2 early game on many maps is india/brit making sepoy and lb. Me and soccer rocked that from 2nd to 1st lt. I believe sepoy are actually better than ashis at the beginning of age 2, with a ranged attack bonus vs cav, 20 more hps, only 1 less range attack, and slightly cheaper (10 f easier to get than 10 g), they also have 15 hand attack and do much more dmg vs coyotes. With a solid 10/10 or even 9/10, and especially on maps that put you fairly close to your enemies, you can have 11 to 12 sepoys out in just under 5 minutes on some maps, and at your agra. Brit can roll pretty fast too when they make straight lbs. Also, the booming brit can usually spare 200 w to help get that consulate up for hp bonus. Sometimes the early sepoys can take out fb. Brit can then make a second rax and probably keep a dbl rax spam of lbs going or close to it.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Even unboosted old aennas used to beat skirms.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""rufio_eht""]Wonderfully written Kaiser.

Only addition I would make as the most OP combo in age 2 early game on many maps is india/brit making sepoy and lb. Me and soccer rocked that from 2nd to 1st lt. I believe sepoy are actually better than ashis at the beginning of age 2, with a ranged attack bonus vs cav, 20 more hps, only 1 less range attack, and slightly cheaper (10 f easier to get than 10 g), they also have 15 hand attack and do much more dmg vs coyotes. With a solid 10/10 or even 9/10, and especially on maps that put you fairly close to your enemies, you can have 11 to 12 sepoys out in just under 5 minutes on some maps, and at your agra. Brit can roll pretty fast too when they make straight lbs. Also, the booming brit can usually spare 200 w to help get that consulate up for hp bonus. Sometimes the early sepoys can take out fb. Brit can then make a second rax and probably keep a dbl rax spam of lbs going or close to it.[/quote]

Good points, Rufio. I love having an Indian partner. Before joining N3O I had a buddy who played a great India. Those early sepoys really are handy. They are so good against cav and they have the early siege you need to really get games done fast if they're covered. In some situations, sepoy/straight uhlan is sweet, but if they have double musket, it can be a problem, since the uhlans are effectively pointless in that situation. On the bright side, people rarely go double musket at the beginning!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

Very good job Kaiser.
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

Imho the most op combo is zamb/abus although otto are not really that good anymore. Btw nice post kaiser!
Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

[quote=""BenS64""]Imho the most op combo is zamb/abus although otto are not really that good anymore. Btw nice post kaiser![/quote]

I think Abus/Bow Riders is more OP cause Bow Riders kill almost everything. Zambs are quite weak but very strong vs Cav.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Heyco""][quote=""BenS64""]Imho the most op combo is zamb/abus although otto are not really that good anymore. Btw nice post kaiser![/quote]

I think Abus/Bow Riders is more OP cause Bow Riders kill almost everything. Zambs are quite weak but very strong vs Cav.[/quote]

yeah but abus beat all RI/HI and Zamb beat cav so thats all you need really, and zamburaks are significantly cheaper than bow riders, and the indian eco is stronger than the Sioux.
Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Heyco""][quote=""BenS64""]Imho the most op combo is zamb/abus although otto are not really that good anymore. Btw nice post kaiser![/quote]

I think Abus/Bow Riders is more OP cause Bow Riders kill almost everything. Zambs are quite weak but very strong vs Cav.[/quote]

yeah but abus beat all RI/HI and Zamb beat cav so thats all you need really, and zamburaks are significantly cheaper than bow riders, and the indian eco is stronger than the Sioux.[/quote]

Okay... But for raiding Bow Riders are OP.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Heyco""][quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Heyco""][quote=""BenS64""]Imho the most op combo is zamb/abus although otto are not really that good anymore. Btw nice post kaiser![/quote]

yeah but abus beat all RI/HI and Zamb beat cav so thats all you need really, and zamburaks are significantly cheaper than bow riders, and the indian eco is stronger than the Sioux.[/quote]

Okay... But for raiding Bow Riders are OP.[/quote]

Both points are valid. I'm a military man and I like standup fights, so zam/abus is my preferred combo, plus I agree that zams are more spammable. Still, BRs in sufficient numbers pwn all, including civilians :twisted:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I suggest zams for those that trust their micro well enough to ensure that the zams won't all die like flies as soon as they're exposed to RI since bow riders have less damage output vs cav but more HP and damage overall.