Best of three: 36drew vs. Sporting_lisbon

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Best of three: 36drew vs. Sporting_lisbon

Post by 36drew »

Just some matches we played today. They were all very GG's and both sides played hard.

Game 1:
Map: New England
Matchup: Ottoman (Drew) vs. France (Sporting)
Description: I go for the ATP strat as New England can be very nice for this. However Sporting decides to leach off of my TP's by snagging two while I pay for the stagecoach upgrage. After some fights by the TP's I manage to grab them back using Jannisarries and a 3 hussar shipment which also raids of course. He is using xbows/hussars to try to fight back. Once I get the abus out it's really tough to do much.
Winner: Drew

Game 2:
Map: Saguenay
Matchup: Ottoman (Drew) vs. France (Sporting)
Description: I grab a quick wood treasure so I basically have enough for an early TP. I elect not to play ATP though perhaps it might have been a good idea here. We roll into colonial and I make jannisaries again while Sporting again has a very good mass of xbows with hussars to back him up. He hits fortress and I can't go fortress for a bit of time. He converts his xbows to skirmishers and that proves to be a high force. I have abus, jannisaries and five mameluke shipment and manage to do some damage but just not quite enough. I then ship 5 spahi and do some signifcant damage to his skirms but the currs start coming. He gets some raids off while I get 3 TC's up and it's just too much pressure. My eco become unorganized and I can't do much.
Winner: Sporting_lisbon

Game 3:
Map: Borneo
Matchup: Germany (Drew) vs. France (Sporting)
Description: I go for the normall 9xbow + 2 uhlan shipment start for some early pressure. I make some pikes as i'm suspecting a raiding turtle. I keep mixing xbows/pike/free uhlans and try to pressure Sporting. He gets some good raids off and made use of the early scout to find where my herds will be. He goes fortress to my suprise and I know I have to push now or never. There is several small fights around his TC and eventually I get some villagers and it's the nail in the coffin. This is a pretty hard matchup for france to do well in.
Winner: Drew

All feedback, comments, etc are much welcomed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: Best of three: 36drew vs. Sporting_lisbon

Post by Tatltael »

hey, i want to do some of these best of three matches >:]
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

GGs :)
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

will watch!
if i didnt lag out i so would have owned you earlier drew! nooooooooooooooot (in borat voice)!
:)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Sporting is slighty more beatable when he's not Iro ;)

- added to the "must watch" list
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

game 3: germans vs france: really hard match-up indeed, I'd try to go double rax musk rush, with 3 hussars. Drew, you could have sold some of your wood, you had all game long 1k while you needed gold for uhlans.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Sporting is slighty more beatable when he's not Iro ;)[/quote]

Yes I am, and it's not just slightly :p I can keep up more or less with ports too and some other exceptions