Best treaty 40 deck for france

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Best treaty 40 deck for france

Post by ruminator »

If you're playing 40NR you have soooooo much time to fully age up and max pop that you don't need any military shipment, villager or resource cards at all.

Take all faster training, military improvement (hp/attack/speed), mill, wood and plantation upgrades. Also, have a deck for water maps with admiralty in. Unique church card, factories, fort (x2), advanced arsenal are also required. Native upgrades will be somewhat more map dependent - so have a deck where you get some handy TPs.

Basically three decks for all eventualities.

Suggested basis as follows:

resource trickle cards 2
factories 2
forts 2
military upgrades 7
faster training 3
mill/wood/plantation 7
advanced arsenal 1
unique church 1
total 25

You can tweak this as required but military upgrades should remain in for cav/skirms which will be the basis of your army. If you need other cards you can drop artillery upgrades. I know French can have 3 forts but you can't afford to spend 3 cards on them.

In treaty I have a weakness for the hot air balloon card as it can otherwise be difficult to scout and spies is way expensive where opponent has 200 pop on the board.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

have fuir trade in the deck as well. Have all villgers on food once in imp and got all upgardes you need. Then play the card in the last 2 min.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

For me I took out all forts and I think the tricle cards since the trickle cards don't really do much and for me with france I can get a nice eco going where I am never low on resources. Also a guy who told me shortley before I stoped playing nr40 games to work on rushes made me realize that forts are not very effective in treaties unless you are russia. The guy was really high ranked atleast a major a think in treaty.