Late Night FFA

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Late Night FFA

Post by Macabee »

Last night around bed time I joined a supremacy ffa. 3 1/2 hours later I told my remaining opponent, a Captain using Russians, that I considered the game a draw and it was time for me to go to bed ( I was really ahead).

I used my standard 1v1 land deck. I made no coyotes or pumas but paid for the upgrades. I made only about 50 mace and 20 eagles. I shipped skulls but made none. I had thousands of kills and thousands of killed.

Mac
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Late Night FFA

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

3 1/2 hours is some commitment to a game dunno if I have the stamina to keep going for that long. So what did you use to get all the thousands of kills?
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

After 45 mins for a unrated game i wouda have left!!! lol
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]3 1/2 hours is some commitment to a game dunno if I have the stamina to keep going for that long. So what did you use to get all the thousands of kills?[/quote]

lol, yeah getting up for work later that morning was a little rough. I spammed a couple thousand JPK's and AK's. I actually wiped out his German "ally" in just a few minutes sometime earlier in Age 5 with the help of BB's.

Mac
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]3 1/2 hours is some commitment to a game dunno if I have the stamina to keep going for that long. So what did you use to get all the thousands of kills?[/quote]

Don't mean to brage but 3 1/2 hours is my usual 40 min treaty game. Once though in a 3v3 a game went on for about 5 hours. Started 10:00 at night ended at 3:00am. This was during summer vacation. Anyway the game was so evenly matched for the whole game we were fighting in the dead center of the map. My team only won because all of the guys on the other team had to go to bed since they had to get up and go to work the next morning

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

3 1/2 hours? OMG, you guys can still walk after that? I get a sore neck and pain in my knees after 1 1/2 hr :(
If a game lasts too long I tend to lose interest in it as well.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well for me challenges are addicting. So when I'm in a game where nobody is gaining anyground I can't leave. I just love it because it forces you to think hard, in those games you have to use all the little tricks you know. For example making a ton of units rush the guys base that he will be able to mow down easily with one type of unit to make him use all of those so you can then make a counter unit and a bunch of units that are for destroying his buildings only. Or like in many of my games if I can get past the halfway point and be on the offense I try to get his whole army concetrated on the very front of his base while building a base right behind or slightly off to the side then letting him think he is kicking my butt at the front when all of a sudden a ton of antibuilding units rushes him in the back forcing him to go through his entire base. Then once he finishes them off I do it to the front. And this goes back and forth till I win.

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol 1h30 in a supremacy game already makes me think that no matter what happens I'll lose cause I just can't be playing decently for all that time, but FFAs are cool :D
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

^True, Sporting. I can only focus for one hour tops. After that, late-game blah-blah-blahs overwhelm my brain and my eyes start hurting. That probably explains why I play more aggressively than defensively; I want to get the thing over with by Age IV at the ABSOLUTE latest, and that's with a FI. :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)