Native Big Buttons

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Native Big Buttons

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Which Native civ has the best (building) Big Buttons?
Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: Native Big Buttons

Post by Tatltael »

aztec, by far.

sioux has the nice dogsoldier BB at the TC, along with the upgrades against art. for cav / the warchief. making your enemies artillery obsolete is nice =)

i like the speed upgrade for cav, for iro's. along with the infantry range up's.

aztec has 82898935982 BB's that send military units though, which is just =(
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Yeah the aztecs do especially since you can get a total of over 200 soldiers while still having 99 villies thanks to the aztecs big buttons. Also iroqouis only got resources so not much of a button since you pay some reources to get at most 1500 of any of them I think. Also the souix have the second best with making thier troops stronger, but I just love at the end of a 40 min treaty game rushing with over 200 individual units. It takes atleast 5 minutes before my opponent can destroy enough of them for my pop to reach about 200 again and by that time I have a nice hole in thier walls unless my teammates are bad where it will atleast hold off the other team for a while

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I struggle a bit with the Aztec Big Buttons. TC & Firepit ones aside (Jags & WC aura):

(1) I find it quite difficult to manage an army the size hitting all the BBs produces. When I do engage my opponent, half of my army aren't actually engaging my opponents army but jossling to get near him. Arrow Knights are an exception here because of their massive range. Infact, if all the BBs were Arrow Knights I think Aztec would be unbeatable late game!

(2) You need to be careful you don't house yourself short of 100 settlers. e.g., in games passed I've BBed with only 50 or 60 settlers and then no more settler production for a while.

(3) Admittedly, when you BB all those units your score does jump up quite considerably.

(4) Most of the BBing takes place around the same time of the game, as I tend to wait for 30 mins to get full value for money.

(5) Aztec BBs produce a wide range of troops. That's problematic. e.g., if on hitting age 3 you want to stick to Knights and upgrading them for example, the BBs mean you can never really leave regular units behind for upgrading purposes. Or vice versa. It kind of means you have to upgrade all of your troop types for BB purposes. i.e., you can't stick to a smaller combination of troops to focus your upgrade choices to save resources.

Conclusion: I'd rather have BBs that improve my troops rather than producing masses of them which are hard to bring to bare in battles. I might even think that Iroquois or Sioux BBs were better for that reason.
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

The Wakina upgrade at the plantation is amazing. A Must have in the late game.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]
(5) Aztec BBs produce a wide range of troops. That's problematic. e.g., if on hitting age 3 you want to stick to Knights and upgrading them for example, the BBs mean you can never really leave regular units behind for upgrading purposes. Or vice versa. It kind of means you have to upgrade all of your troop types for BB purposes. i.e., you can't stick to a smaller combination of troops to focus your upgrade choices to save resources.
[/quote]

I find that the aztecs wide range of troops is awesome. Then again I usually try to upgrade most of my units just incase my opponent throws a wave that might be perfect for them. Anyway with the wide range of troops I bet it would be very hard to counter(I find it hard to fight people who use aztecs and the ones that I do have not yet used thier big buttons). Anyway from your wide range of troops once you see what your enemy is using you can have your guys who counter them focus on enemy troops while your others take down buildings or help to quickly kill off enemy army

TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Aztec ones are decent, but realistically you are never gunna use all of the troops effectively at once, just means you get a temporary spam and if you're lucky you take your oponent down, but generally some extra mace and puma is useless (unless you're like 30 mins in, by which point unless you have played a completely economy draining (on both sides) game it isn't considerable).
Sioux ones are the best long term, imo.
I love the result of theirs, + the WC with the right cards (I use them, personally) can stealth and kill falcs in 1 hit, that is BIG, regardless of how far you are into a game, cus stealthin him in and killing some canon can turn the tides well in a spam fest (Fertility dance + wakinas = OUTMASS, whilst canon have a relatively slow train time).
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Iros are the best by far, really.

As Sioux all you get is upgrades, yay -.- Sioux's lategame is nearly most of the times lost, having the BBs doesn't help. I take off my hat to dogsoldier BB tho, that one is very very good and seeing all those dog soldiers appear from nowhere does make you run.

Aztec's BBs are nice, but very situational. They're good when you want to spam or you really really need some troops to save you. Otherwise they give a lot of units you don't need or that are just inefficient, etc (lots of arrow knights when you need to fight at an open field; unupgraded pumas; no coyote BB; erks die a bit too fast) I use mace BB and jaguars BB a lot tho, and when pushing the puma BB can help too. I can't remember the last time I used the SK BB cause it's in the plantation iirc.

Now Iro's. Those tomahawks are an all-around unit unlike dogsoldiers or jaguars and as iro you'll often have that 1000f 1000c 500w after shipping 400f 400c 400w, and 25 elite tomas are sth to be feared. Warhut's BB is crap, that extra range adds nothing to the already doomed iro lategame, but the res BBs are über cheap, (250c 250f for 1500w on a longhouse?) and allow you to stay strong and push up in late fortress when you have a lot of units and you wanna lame wardance hardcore. Iro BBs are good just because of the toma BBs and res BBs, the upgrades are kinda ''meh''. I want factories and worthy plantations not 7.20 speed kanyas and 14 range tomas. The lightcannon speed upgrade is handy but the dock BB is ridiculously expensive (400f 400w for 20% hp :\)

But I'd have to say it depends on taste and playing style, Iro's worth nothing on team i.e. :) sorry for long post
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I don't see the point of most Iro BB. The tomahawks are good and the firepit healing I have taken before, but the others?

Most are far too expensive - 1,200 resources for increased range of 2! Kanya speed upgrade is not enough and the resource ones are only worthwhile late game when you can use a market to change resources around anyway.

Aztec are the only one's where they tend to be used regularly even if only for a short term boost.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I said the good ones are Toma BBs, resources BBs and artillery speed. Those alone make iros' BBs the best, forget the other ones, as I said they kinda suck (the speed for kanyas is good but it's expensive, allows them to run away from RC)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

toma BB r great and much better than all of aztecs BB.
the true game winner BB is the sioux dog soldier one.
my fav one is the aztec firepit BB 3x aura ftw :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle