Military Waypoint

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Military Waypoint

Post by 36drew »

Can someone explain to me what this is and how I can use it?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Military Waypoint

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It doesn't work for splitting shipments between your tc and outpost, but it's like this:

You're shipping 5 villagers and you got a forward warhut. While shipping, you're making 5 tomas too (just an example). So that neither the vills go into battle nor the tomas sit back with the hunts, you click on the economic waypoint to be in the hunts and you click on the military waypoint to be somewhere forward. That way, when the vills pop out they'll go to the hunts and the tomas will go forward.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I never had a problem splitting TC shipments.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

What I meant is that you can't configure your tc to receive only eco shipments and your outposts to get only army shipments.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

drop-off point has nothing to do with military waypoint

sporting explained it well.
Using both enables you to care less about incoming shipments or where your made military will go.
Often during battle, I select my barack (hotkey) and modify the military waypoint to where the fight is ongoing, so that all new guys go automatically to the frontline :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Yes, I am always changing waypoints, I find it is a much more efficient way to manage your units.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

and how you split the waypoints? is there some kind of hotkey for it?
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""djdan""]and how you split the waypoints? is there some kind of hotkey for it?[/quote]

You can split your waypoints at the TC. You can set a hotkey for it, but I tend to keep my econ and military TC waypoint the same; I just use right-click to designate the spot I want my shipments to go to. Still, with mixed shipments (German has a lot... 3 SW + 2 uhlan, for example), you can set where the SWs go vs. where the uhlans go. This can be handy if you are gathering behind the TC and the fight is in front.

You can also set military waypoints from military buildings, and that is absolutely vital to keep pressure on without taking your eye off the fight. I put my military buildings in a control group so I can fight and spam at the same time.

That said, sometimes there is no easy route to the target area. Drew did me in last night by walling off the bottle neck in Patagonia so I couldn't set a decent waypoint from my base, forcing my uhlans and skirms to walk all the way around the pond to attack.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""djdan""]and how you split the waypoints? is there some kind of hotkey for it?[/quote]

there are 2 different flags for it, could be that you need to enable it in your game settings, not sure...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle