N3O Member
N3O Member

Chinese Semi FF / FI (1v1 supremacy)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Chinese Semi FF / FI

/!\ This strat requires a map with 2 or more available Trading posts. /!\

Walkthrough:

Age I
• type “HI GL HF”, a must as respectful N3O-member!
• Use 4 vills on starting food crates, 2 on hunt, leave the extra 100 wood
• Build your village near the 2nd hunt and fatten your goat.
• Split your Monk and his disciple and scout as much as possible
- only take free or easy food treasures
- spot as many treasures and hunts / explore enemy base
• First card is the Trade Empire (ships a TP rickshaw and makes TPs 20% cheaper and 33% stronger) Take the closest TP asap.
• Start aging when you have 800 food, usually with 14 vills. Build the White Pagoda Wonder with 4 vills!
• You should have at least 100 wood from starting crates, chop until you get 200 wood and build a 2nd TP. Put a few vills on gold, rest stays on food for vill production.
• Ship the Holy Refuge (ships a Monastery rickshaw, makes upgrades 50% cheaper) and research the first tech (Training forms) Also check which Mercs will be available in III.
• New vills go on gold

Age II
• Research the 2nd Tech in the Monastery (The Five precepts) and train some more disciples.
• Treasure hunt !! Your Monk and his disciples are OP now, there is no treasure you can’t take – gotha get em all !!
Ship 700 wood – upgrade the trade route (Stage coach) and build 1 more village. If there is a 3rd TP available, take it, otherwise build a War Academy (if you don’t expect to be rushed, you can build a Consulate instead or build a market and do some upgrades) Set the TP’s on gold.

Tricky Part – Pick your right path to victory.

• If you are being rushed, you will need to fend it off using all u got. Always have 10 disciples and don’t be afraid to build some outlaws (from Monastery)!! They are cheap and strong – and TP’s provide enough gold to build them. Usually you will ship 8 Chu Ko Nu’s and 700 food/gold
• If you are not under pressure, ship 700 food or gold and go to Fortress using the Porcelain Tower. Spam Mercs (2 TPs + Porcelain Tower = 3 banks!) and ship military units (10 Arquebusiers, 11 Changdao’s…) Train the right unit batch from your War Academy (arquebusier/changdao is probably the best)
• HELP – I got sucky Mercs :cry: … No worries, if you are not under huge pressure, age up with the Summer Palace to age III, this gives you 1000 food. Ship 1000 gold in age III and go straight to Industrial, using the Porcelain Tower (= a Factory !!) You have the infinite 2 Flying Crows shipment and 17 arquebusiers/18 Changdao’s. Your Monk and disciples are so OP they will make Chuck Norris look like a n00b ;)

Some Stats:

After the 2 monastery techs + the White Pagoda age up:
Disciples
In age II: 140 HP – 17 attack (+ critical hits and cloning)
In Age III: 167 HP – 21 attack
In Age IV: 202 HP – 25 attack
For 80 food :D

Monk
In Age II: 1125 HP (+225 HP if you ship “Snatch the Pebble")
In Age III: 1575 HP
In Age IV: 2250 HP

Flying Crows deal 285 damage with area 5 in age IV

Random Notes:
- The asian civs can train Mamelukes, Elmeti’s and Lil’ bombards in age III unlike the European civs.
- Consulate: Ally with the Brits if you need strong musketeers and a 10% HP boost to land units or pick the Russians, they offer a Fort in age III (good for map controle) and helps you booming (vills train faster). In age IV you get a Factory – yay.
- Asians have the best market upgrades, don’t neglect it!
- If playing vs a civ with strong HI (like japan) – have “atonement” shipment in your deck, this will unlock the Iron Troops in the Monastery. It’s also useful if you have to rely on outlaws early on (makes your outlaws 2 pop cheaper).
- Eco balance: you have 2 TP’s and the Porcelain Tower that can produce whatever you need, it takes just 1 click to switch to another resource, keep it in mind!
- Most people expect China to rush, this helps you reaching age III fairly safe.
- When on the offence, build hand mortars and protect them while slowly advancing. They have 34 range, 38 LOS and take down buildings and falconets in no time.
- Disciples PWN :D

Deck:

Good Maps:
Araucania: has at least 3 easy TPs and offers Pistolero's (good in combo with disciples) - long maps makes FF'ing easier, many treasures, most should be yours
Borneo: 2 TP's close to your TC and Dacoit as good outlaw (good with disciples) - some great treasures (145 wood)
Carolina: 2 or 3 TP's, pistolero's and starting crates help to get the TP faster & upgraded. OK treasures
Deccan: Many TP's, Dacoits, extra crates and plenty treasures 8)
Great Lakes: Many TP's but no only renegado (skirm) which is not so useful for china
Himalayas: TP road is in the middle, so defend it well, dacoits available
New England: Good TP road, but needs to be defended, but no great outlaws
Patagonia: 3 TP's behind TC is excellent
Saguenay: Map changes often, but starting with a free village rox, saves you 200 wood = 2 TP real fast, nice treasures
Sonora: 3 TP's at least and pistolero's olé
Texas: is by default a great map for FF / FI and TP is good too
Yellow River: lot's of TP's and blind monks as nice outlaws (2.5x bonus vs vills !!!)
Yucatan: 2nd TP is in the middle of map, but there are Pistolero's and OP treasures (lots of gold so easy to FF)
Yukon: TP's, Pistolero's and OP treasures :D

Hope you like!

I__CHAOS__I
Last edited by I__CHAOS__I on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Chinese Semi FF / FI (1v1 supremacy)

Post by BenS64 »

omg nice, i have 2 try this.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Chaos, this is in all honesty the most interesting post I've ever read on this forum section, very nicely written and as a china fan I'm amazed I've not used a lot of the strategy involved in this.
+1
GG
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Nice strat. HAve you tried it in rated games?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

thx Camel, glad to hear that!

I haven't played rated games for a long time but plan on starting again soon (will be unemployed soon, so more time to play:p )
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Excellent post. I like to see people teasing out strats that don't involve boring colonial warfare. FIs are so darn fun!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

added sample deck and some of the good maps
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

This looks like a fun strategy. I have been playing a bit of china recently and have experimented with shipping the advanced market card as the first HC card. This gives you a market rickshaw and improves your exchange for selling & buying resources.

Typically, I have enough resources from treasures to research the hunting tech in discovery. I can also keep all of my villagers on food during ageup and colonial, selling food to spam standard armies or buy wood. If I am not under much pressure, then I can sell enough food to FF.

The problem I have been having in most games is that my opponent spams heavy cav at me. I can never seem to get enough pikemen to slow them down. Maybe some of those mercenaries can do better.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

The only real anti-cav you have is in fortress. The manch merc's + chandao's isn't a bad combo.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

awesome strat Chaos
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

I had heard from someone that the Qiang pikemen had a bug with their cav bonus. Is that true or has it been fixed?

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""DrWho42""]I had heard from someone that the Qiang pikemen had a bug with their cav bonus. Is that true or has it been fixed?[/quote]

only vs coyote runners I think, they should have been boosted more but it was forgotten.
I often get Black Riders and Highlanders in my monastery, so anti-cav is no problem :p
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

If I hadn't just started with India I might give China a go with this. Maybe once I've got bored with losing as India ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace