Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

GeneralMichael's aztec rec

Post by GeneralMichael »

In this rec i am playing as the aztecs and fighting the comp on hard just to make sure the comp will not destroy me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: GeneralMichael's aztec rec

Post by IndyBrit »

I'll take a look tonight or so. :D
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

ok thanks

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I play Aztec too so couldn't resist:

(1) After collecting 100 fd and queuing your first settler switch to collecting wd immediately - rather than collecting the rest of the fd crates first - so you have the wd ASAP to get your firepit up immediately (& first house).

(2) Set your Town Centre way-point onto hunt so your newly trained settlers go straight to the fd rather than being left by the TC.

(3) Having 3 age 1 wood upgrade cards in your deck is excessive. I'd suggest having only one - if any - and using the shipment places to give yourself, for example, the 10 Coyote age 3 card - which is a very good age 3 military shipment. Infact, IMO, your deck is more kitted out for a treaty game than a regular game.

(4) With those eco upgrades, I think I saw your play age 1 shipments in age 2 and age 2 shipments in age 3. Generally speaking, you'll get better value for money sticking to age 2 shipments in age 2 and age 3 shipments in age 3.

Anyway, good win for you against that opponent. Well done. Nice to see attention given to upgrading throughout the game.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Yeah GeneralMichael is a treaty player too, and as a treaty player myself you have to know which cards to put in your deck for different situations, as well as knowing when to boom, when to attack, etc.

The only economic cards you should probably include in a rush deck are refrigeration, royal mint, and (economic theory?).
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]Yeah GeneralMichael is a treaty player too, and as a treaty player myself you have to know which cards to put in your deck for different situations, as well as knowing when to boom, when to attack, etc.

The only economic cards you should probably include in a rush deck are refrigeration, royal mint, and (economic theory?).[/quote]

Who needs an economy? Send units.

Mac
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

Thanks for the tips guys i'm used to treaty games and so i find in rush games i am usually low on resources and so i focus a lot on trying to boom.

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Alrighty - good news / bad news. Comments are in our mentor/mentee thread.

:mrgreen:

Indy
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ok I made another rec for aztec rush. This time i tried to get about 10 pumas 19 maces and atleast 5 coyote runners in the enemies base by 8 minutes. I wanted the pumas there to take down the enemy's tc quickly and the rest of the units to pick off any enemy military units or villagers nearby and to help take down the tc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Sounds good - I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Cheers
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ok i tried to reach the same goal as last time since I could not make it. I still can't make enough cyote runners. I set the comp on hard once again and for the first time the comp did not select an asian civ. Lately when i set the comp to random it has either chosen china or japan. I had tried fighting on expert but my main asault loses and then the comp goes offensive and keeps me on the defense though whenever i play on expert it is always china lately

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

OK - a couple of quick thoughts on this game:
1) hunts were better. Use shift right click to click past and then onto a hunt. That way you won't have to remember to go back (look at the 2 vils gathering your 2nd herd)
2) You aged up about 10 secs. later than you needed to
3) you built WH right away in age 2. That's good.
4) get your age 2 card played right away.
5) You started building troops long after your WH was up. You should have guys going in there right away.
6) you were housed a few times for a while

I have some general strategy thoughts on pulling this off - see next post
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

OK - here are a few of my thoughts:
Looking at the value of your age 2 cards:
700W = 1400 villie-seconds
600W = 1200 villie-seconds
10 mace = 1076 VS
600G = 1000 VS
9 mace = 968 VS
6 spear = 857 VS
700F = 833 VS
5 coyote = 756 VS

This would be the preferred order if playing the card can be used to support your strategy at 8 minutes. Realistically, we can use the 700W but not the 600W or 600G, so I'm thinking along the lines of 700W, 10 maces, then 9 maces for cards. That means, ideally, you are going to need to mine gold (specifically 500 gold minus whatever you find in treasures or starting gold) to get your 10 spears, as the 6 spear card is not cost effective.

If you play the 700 W card, and the mace cards, you theoretically don't need to chop any wood (say 5 houses = 500W and 5 coyotes = 125 W) but the problem there is you need houses at some point before you gather your 700 W card.

So - during age up, chop 200W and get 2 houses built, then get going on your 500G. You will need 250G right at age up to que 5 spears. Keep maybe 7 guys on food the whole time. At age-up, play 700W, built WH, que 5 spears. Play 10 maces, que 5 more spears, building 3 more houses along the way. After queueing 5 coyotes and playing 9 maces, you are good to go. I'm pretty sure you are under 8 minutes at this point.

If you get another card, consider playing the 5 villies to get eco caught up, or more troops to keep pushing your rush.

The attached rec was played before I worked all of this out, but it has some of the concepts. I think it shows that this can be done under 8 minutes, and I made a number of mistakes (first time playing aztecs) but you should get the idea of what's possible.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

One more point:
at the beginning, all food until you queue first villie. Then, all but two on hunts, and 2 on wood. After getting 100 W, take one wood guy and build fire pit. This gets your priest going and your TC building villies ASAP
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ok here i am playing as the aztecs vs another hard computer. This time i figured that getting 10 coyote runners and 19 maces with 10 pumas is impossible in 8 mins so i tried to get there by 8mins and 15 seconds. My attack strategy was to go in first with maces to draw thier fire then have coyotes rush in to take down thier skirms followed by the pumas to take down the war hut.