Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Back to 1v1's

Post by djdan »

Well I've become more active playing again, found a new love for the game maybe? I don't know.

Anyway I was thinking of starting up 1v1s again, after having a few 1v1s with Nighthawk, I thought I would post these just to get a bit of help if possible.

The first game was a Ports mirror, I know I was no where near aggressive enough in this game, but I really do not know how to play ports age 2, especially in 1v1!

The second game, I am quiteashamed of actually, after playing Dutch so long, and then messing up this game quite badly, I would also like tips for that one.

I blame the fact it was 3AM ;) lol

We did start playing an Otto Vs Brits but Hawk's connection must have had it, and lagged out :-/ So I may be looking for other people to test my Ottos, Dutch, Ports as well as other civs against so watch out! lol

Hawk also asked if people would be able to comment on his game as well?

Thanks in advance guys,
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Back to 1v1's

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'll give you a go, Dan :twisted:

1v1's can be fun. I'll take a look at both and give you feedback on them.

Port mirror is all about scouting. If you see an FF try to mass x-bow/pike and take him out/house him. I've had the most success with that.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

yea, i didnt do so super either. Then again i was using 2 new civs. Then on our last game i thought id try one of my decent civs and lost connection. Sorry about that Dan.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Lol bring it on, Soccer! :twisted: lol

Yeah heres another one vs Al, I popped on quickly he was on so played him my otto vs his Iro, I know I didnt scout anywhere near enough, I think whenever its recorded my skills just go down the pan, or when im feeling rushed, either way this is not my best with Otto by far, but still uploading for any comments! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

if you see him FFing i'd say dont bother with the rush its very hard to seige downa port if they defend welll, 2 lots of mm + TC fire will do you in, i'd say best t otry and age yourself to matsh his units. But hey do what ever you see fit!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Not to betray official secrets, but I handle Port land booms by sitting back, grabbing a trade post, going age IV and crushing them with heavy cannons and massive age IV shipments. On sea, you can't wait that long, of course :neutral:

There is something very satisfying about watching 5 mamelukes run into 12 doppelsoldners :twisted:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

f you see him FFing i'd say dont bother with the rush its very hard to seige downa port if they defend welll, 2 lots of mm + TC fire will do you in, i'd say best t otry and age yourself to matsh his units.
+1.

Pikes and crossbows aren't gonna do anything vs a Portuguese FF.